• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'If It's for My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord' Anime Reveals Promo Video, July Premie

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:59 am Reply with quote
The article doesn't mention it, but the light novel already concluded with the release of the 8th volume back in February this year...

Looking forward to this. Smile
LiteMangime

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:30 am Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
The article doesn't mention it, but the light novel already concluded with the release of the 8th volume back in February this year...

Only 8, huh? thanks for that tidbit. As an anime fan whose getting in years, this series called to me for some reason, finished the first volume so far and didn't regret it.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:39 am Reply with quote
LiteMangime wrote:
Only 8, huh? thanks for that tidbit. As an anime fan whose getting in years, this series called to me for some reason, finished the first volume so far and didn't regret it.

Just fair warning on events beyond the scope of the anime(later volumes): (WARNING, Do NOT click unless you want to be spoiled on later developments)
spoiler[It's a Bunny Drop situation. The cover of the eight volume, should you come across it, provides enough explanation...)]
CrimsonDX

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:53 am Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:

Guess I will be looking forward to when Jnovel releases the final volume. Really sad it ended though. This series was one of the most beautiful and heartwarming series I have ever read.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:53 am Reply with quote
Wow, J-Novel has both Arifureta and now this coming out in July for them. Now we just need to know when Dendrogram, Ascendence of a Bookworm, and My Next Life as a Villainess come out Smile
Fluwm

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
LiteMangime wrote:

Just fair warning on events beyond the scope of the anime(later volumes): (WARNING, Do NOT click unless you want to be spoiled on later developments)
spoiler[It's a Bunny Drop situation. The cover of the eight volume, should you come across it, provides enough explanation...)]

More specifically, about halfway through the story changes from being a slice of life story about a guy who adopted a little demon girl to a guy who spoiler[fucks his adopted daughter.]

Said daughter, meanwhile, has no real character.
Kitsu Kyouno

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:36 pm Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
Wow, J-Novel has both Arifureta and now this coming out in July for them. Now we just need to know when Dendrogram, Ascendence of a Bookworm, and My Next Life as a Villainess come out Smile

and do not forget "Did not I Say to Make My Abilities Average in the Next Life ?!" that should be announced at any time Smile
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Kitsu Kyouno wrote:
and do not forget "Did not I Say to Make My Abilities Average in the Next Life ?!" that should be announced at any time Smile

Sorry but no, Seven Seas has that light novel, however it will be getting an anime though. J-novel has I Shall Survive Using Potions! by the same author.
Sukottosan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:44 am Reply with quote
If It's for My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord looks great Can't wait to Watch it
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:39 am Reply with quote
People need to shut up about bunny drop.

By Vol 3, its obvious the demon girl in question has always looked at the main character as a love interest, and by vol 4 she flat out says he was never a father figure to her, and she always viewed him only as a man. By the end of vol 4 , they are an official couple.

They are only ten years apart, she is 17 when he proposes to her, and he is 27. The age gap isnt even big enough to be considered any more than maybe siblings.

They have zero blood relations, she was 7-8 before he met her, meaning he was also only a teenager, not really an adult; she was always fully aware of her actual father and mother; and if anyone is an adoptive father figure to Latina its Kenneth and Rita, not Dale.

This all happens by the midway point, but is pretty much setup by vol 3.

This isn't bunny drops, and its not wife husbandry either. This not the Story of Genji , where a full grown adult male purposefully takes in a little girl with the sole purpose of grooming her to be his bride.
Lobokendo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:38 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:

By Vol 3, its obvious the demon girl in question has always looked at the main character as a love interest, and by vol 4 she flat out says he was never a father figure to her, and she always viewed him only as a man. By the end of vol 4 , they are an official couple.

They are only ten years apart, she is 17 when he proposes to her, and he is 27. The age gap isnt even big enough to be considered any more than maybe siblings.

They have zero blood relations, she was 7-8 before he met her, meaning he was also only a teenager, not really an adult; she was always fully aware of her actual father and mother; and if anyone is an adoptive father figure to Latina its Kenneth and Rita, not Dale.

This isn't bunny drops, and its not wife husbandry either. This not the Story of Genji , where a full grown adult male purposefully takes in a little girl with the sole purpose of grooming her to be his bride.

This isn't exactly the problem. Keep in mind I personally love this series but the real issue is the power dynamic of the relationship. If you have someone who is being the provider and legal guardian of someone, it can lead to very unhealthy relationships. So age doesn't really matter in the argument of whether it's good or not.

Now that isn't actually a problem in the series as that isn't how the characters treat their relationship, but it still does deserve a raised eyebrow. It isn't really a matter of "can this work out?" and more of "it probably shouldn't"
Sven Laguz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:34 am Reply with quote
Anime version eh?

Great, time to prepare the insulin again, cause this series is all kinds of sweet
CrimsonDX

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:15 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:

I was just coming back here to say this. I never read Bunny Drop, but the only valid complaint I remember hearing about that series was the suddenness of it all and the lack of development towards that kind of ending. This series builds up their relationship, and you become aware that its going to happen long before it actually happens. You'd have to be a cold heartless bastard NOT to be rooting for these two to be together by the time it happens.

Lobokendo wrote:

This isn't exactly the problem. Keep in mind I personally love this series but the real issue is the power dynamic of the relationship. If you have someone who is being the provider and legal guardian of someone, it can lead to very unhealthy relationships. So age doesn't really matter in the argument of whether it's good or not.

Now that isn't actually a problem in the series as that isn't how the characters treat their relationship, but it still does deserve a raised eyebrow. It isn't really a matter of "can this work out?" and more of "it probably shouldn't"

This is an anime, not real life. Things like that don't matter.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1