• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks?' Anime Reveals Character Video, Ne

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Norm the genius

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 7:33 am Reply with quote
I still can not believe that they gave anime to this, that's why the current state of the genre is totally deplorable. Sad Sad Sad

Fuk Kamiyan Fuk
Sekaro

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 8:01 am Reply with quote
Place your bets everyone! Will this turn out to be some Isekai trash on par to the likes of that one series about the smartphone or is this gonna be the next big hit?
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:36 am Reply with quote
Sekaro wrote:
Place your bets everyone! Will this turn out to be some Isekai trash on par to the likes of that one series about the smartphone or is this gonna be the next big hit?

It's probably going to be garbage.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:38 am Reply with quote
Lord Vaultman wrote:
Sekaro wrote:

Yall being real salty on Mothers Day
Treeborn

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:43 am Reply with quote
So even the character designs look bad. Well, guess that's an easy pass for me then.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 11:14 am Reply with quote
Fingers crossed this turns out to be a funny parody and not a straight-up Oedipus complex isekai.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 11:35 am Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
Lord Vaultman wrote:
Sekaro wrote:
There hasn't been enough information in the previews to form a proper opinion yet IMO and not knowing the manga ditto. If the show is about celebrating how an adult (mom) can be an intelligent, competent or maybe amazing person then it's good for Mothers Day (cute timing people...) and possibly will be good show. If it is like a bunch of anime and it's about fetish fulfillment, then it will be garbage and no thank eeuww...
HoboSoup

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 11:44 am Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
Lord Vaultman wrote:
Sekaro wrote:

Right? I know anime fans are usually salty and whine about almost everything they dislike, but this is more than usual.
Norm the genius

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
Lord Vaultman wrote:
Sekaro wrote:
There hasn't been enough information in the previews to form a proper opinion yet IMO and not knowing the manga ditto. If the show is about celebrating how an adult (mom) can be an intelligent, competent or maybe amazing person then it's good for Mothers Day (cute timing people...) and possibly will be good show. If it is like a bunch of anime and it's about fetish fulfillment, then it will be garbage and no thank eeuww...

Seeing it like that does not sound so bad, but this is anime and it's also isekai, to most likely the mother is also part of the protagonist's harem
Oggers

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Ashen Phoenix wrote:
Fingers crossed this turns out to be a funny parody and not a straight-up Oedipus complex isekai.

There's quite a bit of fanservice focused on the mom from what I read of it, so it'll probably be the latter.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Pochi Iida’s character designs are one of the draw-ins for works she’s involved in, so can’t wait to see this one in July. Smile The public liking the LNs enough for producers to green light an anime for it are surely happy as well, so those wanting to direct their complaints about this happening, you know who to go to if one liking something you don’t warrants such an action.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
If it is like a bunch of anime and it's about fetish fulfillment

Judging by the merch for the show that is up for preorder:

Siegfriedl88

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Sekaro wrote:

say what you will but i love in another world with my smartphone...and no its not sarcasm..loved it so much i had too get the physical print versions!

So im hoping its at least as good as that.

Last edited by Siegfriedl88 on Tue May 14, 2019 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
DirtyCircle

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:

The first volume of the actual light novel was absolute garbage. Personally, I think the premise sounds fun and a 'another world' story I wouldn't mind but it's too cliche and the prose was the worst thing I read last year. My hope is that the anime will actually improve on the book and get some better characterization in. I didn't think the book was particularly fetishist at all nor was the mother any of those traits you mentioned. She is just a poor neglected mother who wishes to be closer to her dismissive and milquetoast son although she comes over as quite the clueless, helicopter parent.
nDroae

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Fully expecting this to be one of my favorites of the year, alongside "Why the hell are you here, Teacher!?" and Dororo.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2