• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Streams Fairy gone, Kono Oto Tomare! Anime's 2nd Halves

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
it will also release the "first season" of the new Fruits Basket anime on home video with both a standard and limited edition, with pre-orders available soon.

Quotes on this are confusing me. This is their fake "season" thing that they love to see (like they're doing with YuYu as mentioned in this article). Or was it literally just an announcement that "Fruits Basket 1st Season" (the new 25 episode series) is getting a home video release with pre-orders soon? What I mean is, are they correctly calling this "Fruits Basket 1st season" with 25 episodes, or are they just calling it "Fruits Basket" and releasing the first 12/13 episodes as "first season"? The way western companies do things is confusing like that at times. I'd really love a world where they just stick to the Japanese naming.
donhumberto

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:40 am Reply with quote
Glad to see the confirmation for Fairy Gone's 2nd cour. I loved the first half to bits (even if I seem to be the only one) and can't wait to see how everything unfolds in the second part.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:03 am Reply with quote
donhumberto wrote:
Glad to see the confirmation for Fairy Gone's 2nd cour. I loved the first half to bits (even if I seem to be the only one) and can't wait to see how everything unfolds in the second part.

I'm looking forward to it, too.

I didn't know Kono Oto was going to have more episodes. It wasn't my favorite of the previous season, but I could easily watch more.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:10 am Reply with quote
Kono Oto was a surprise favorite of mine last season so I'm glad to see it continuing with a second cour. I wasn't expecting that as it didn't seem like it was getting a lot of attention.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:45 pm Reply with quote
donhumberto wrote:

Me too, I really like the show.

Looking at their just updated announcements for the season it looks like I'm going to be watching a ton of stuff from them this summer.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1