• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: 7SEEDS - Part One

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:59 pm Reply with quote
I'm about half way through it, seems like this is mostly going to be setup. The cast are a bit strange, some come across as quite well thought out, while others feel like two dimensional villains. I'm glad that Jad Saxton is voicing Natsu, I get the feeling under any other actress her extreme lack of confidence would make me dislike her.
IboughtYoulunch13times

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:43 pm Reply with quote
I dig this show, sometimes it's nice to watch something unpredictable even if it has some rough edges.
ThrowMeOut

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:29 pm Reply with quote
To anyone thinking of watching this: Skip it and read the manga. The anime is basically the highlight reel of the manga, sucking out all the nuance and character/world building.
dharlow

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:46 pm Reply with quote
I tried...I really tried...I even made it thru 10 episodes before my brain began to die. Just had to stop.
Potato07

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:21 pm Reply with quote
I hoped ANN would not have a review of this 7SEED, but we can't avoid this eh. Please, some publishers, please license 7SEED manga. We don't need this blasphemous adaptation. Let's pretend this anime has never happened.
IboughtYoulunch13times

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:52 pm Reply with quote
I hope they finish it.
Taiyz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:01 am Reply with quote
This show has a serious problem with characters acting irrationally for no real reason, it really struggles to get off the ground because of that. Semimaru acts like a cartoon character in the first episode, trying to pull a "psyche!" on Arashi as he's drowning...Who does that? I get that he's a delinquent but holy crap.

I also feel like some of the episode stingers are unintentionally hilarious because of how dramatic they try to be, like Ran tearing the head off of a goose and then drinking the blood from it's neck like a bottle of gatorade or something.

Honestly the pacing of this show is laughable, there are some stretches of episodes that just feel like an avalanche of events, then they forget about an entire team for like 3-4 episodes so the pacing becomes almost manageable. This also has the worst "part 1" ending I've ever seen, I don't feel comfortable calling it a cliffhanger because it feels like they're still in the middle of a crisis.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:32 am Reply with quote
After the "This Week in Anime" article on this show, did it really need a review? Seems like that did the job fairly well.
all-tsun-and-no-dere
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Character designs are diverse (except where cousins are involved), distinct, and generally attractive, and the animation effort by GONZO shows few problems with staying on-model,

I'm sorry but did we watch the same show? The characters were off-model more often than they were on-model.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1