Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hi Score Girl's Rensuke Oshikiri Launches Crowdfunding for Zashiki-Warashi no Tatami-chan Horr




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
OjaruFan2



Joined: 09 Jul 2018
Posts: 291
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:16 am Reply with quote
Never heard of Makuake. Upon looking at the site, looks like the crowdfunding campaign is only open for people living in Japan. Suppose the campaign is a success, I wonder where exactly Tatami-chan would be distributed. Would it be also available internationally?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WANNFH



Joined: 13 Mar 2011
Posts: 829
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:59 am Reply with quote
OjaruFan2 wrote:
Never heard of Makuake. Upon looking at the site, looks like the crowdfunding campaign is only open for people living in Japan. Suppose the campaign is a success, I wonder where exactly Tatami-chan would be distributed. Would it be also available internationally?
Well, considering the successful crowdfunding campaigns for In This Corner of the World (funded through Makuake), which was distributed internationally, and Dies Irae (not Makuake one) series, which was picked by Crunchyroll later for the West - that's completely passable depending on the international distributor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kougeru



Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 4479
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:44 am Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
OjaruFan2 wrote:
Never heard of Makuake. Upon looking at the site, looks like the crowdfunding campaign is only open for people living in Japan. Suppose the campaign is a success, I wonder where exactly Tatami-chan would be distributed. Would it be also available internationally?
Well, considering the successful crowdfunding campaigns for In This Corner of the World (funded through Makuake), which was distributed internationally, and Dies Irae (not Makuake one) series, which was picked by Crunchyroll later for the West - that's completely passable depending on the international distributor.


Was that only for things actually 100% funded? Everything I see on there is "All In", so they're created regardless of funding, opposite of Kickstarter's "All or Nothing"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address My Anime My Manga
OjaruFan2



Joined: 09 Jul 2018
Posts: 291
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:33 pm Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
]Well, considering the successful crowdfunding campaigns for In This Corner of the World (funded through Makuake), which was distributed internationally, and Dies Irae (not Makuake one) series, which was picked by Crunchyroll later for the West - that's completely passable depending on the international distributor.

I see. Thanks for bringing those up (I forgot that In This Corner of the World had a crowdfunding campaign).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Egan Loo



Joined: 25 Feb 2005
Posts: 952
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
WANNFH wrote:
OjaruFan2 wrote:
Never heard of Makuake. Upon looking at the site, looks like the crowdfunding campaign is only open for people living in Japan. Suppose the campaign is a success, I wonder where exactly Tatami-chan would be distributed. Would it be also available internationally?
Well, considering the successful crowdfunding campaigns for In This Corner of the World (funded through Makuake), which was distributed internationally, and Dies Irae (not Makuake one) series, which was picked by Crunchyroll later for the West - that's completely passable depending on the international distributor.


Was that only for things actually 100% funded? Everything I see on there is "All In", so they're created regardless of funding, opposite of Kickstarter's "All or Nothing"


Oh, Zashiki-Warashi no Tatami-chan's Makuake crowdfunding is also the "All In" model, although as with crowdfunding projects in general, there is no guarantees that the project will be completed as planned.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
v1cious



Joined: 31 Dec 2002
Posts: 5958
Location: Houston, TX
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:03 pm Reply with quote
I'd rather have an anime of Misu Misou. This looks ok though, i guess
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group