• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Seven Deadly Sins Manga Creator: There Is 1 More Volume Left

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Firefly251

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:55 pm Reply with quote
I am curious as to the limit of Chaos....could spoiler[Arthur] use the power to bring back the dead? since it can create from nothingness?
Calsolum

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:00 am Reply with quote
...now he wants to end it?

There were a number of suitable places to end the series on an exceptionally strong note.

spoiler[After melodias beats his old man in purgatory]

spoiler[After elizabeth's curse retriggers]

spoiler[After killing DK in Zel's body]

side note: while none of the above might seem like good end points now, at the time week to week, assuming the manga properly followed through they could have been excellent endpoints. My personal favourite would have been the 2nd, an epilogue could have tided up loose ends and made it bittersweet.

Honestly ending it now lacks... impact.
The creator deliberately ramped things up and is now grinding things to a halt in an extremely anticlimactic matter.
Well, I suppose after those spectacular missed opportunities to end on a high note nothing afterward will seem satisfying.
I guess we're never gonna find out what really happened with the spoiler[Supreme Deity? In my head, she eventually went "F!@# this shit I'm out" Then proceeded to yeet herself out the nearest dimesnsional window. Truly the wisest of all characters.]
dragon695

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:04 am Reply with quote
God, this was a stupid series. I really liked it initially, but then... it felt like it jumped the shark once too many times.
MeliodasWarrior

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:50 am Reply with quote
Good riddance and hopefully it ends this time everyone with logic sense can agree the manga has went to garbage and the anime is TERRIBLE as well it started good but decreased hard in quality.
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:53 am Reply with quote
Meh. I lost interest in the series after the 40th time Meliodas sexually harassed Elizabeth and didn't get punished for it.
Ensaru64

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Calsolum wrote:
...now he wants to end it?

I guess we're never gonna find out what really happened with the spoiler[Supreme Deity? In my head, she eventually went "F!@# this shit I'm out" Then proceeded to yeet herself out the nearest dimesnsional window. Truly the wisest of all characters.]

The Supreme Deity is dead or has been in a "dead" state since we've first learned of her non-existence. The angel clan basically did the equivalent of self-sacrifice just to keep the Demon Clan away. It's the reason Meliodas spoiler[got rid of both curses very easily, without having to confront the Supreme Deity.]

There's often a lot of confusion around her fate for whatever reason, but the series has reached a point where nothing else could be explored without taking the 7DS out of the spotlight for good, which is what I feel, or hope might be happening with the rumoured Arthur spin-off, but then there's the issue where Arthurspoiler[ has been elevated into the most powerful being in one instance.]
dragon695

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:29 pm Reply with quote
MeliodasWarrior wrote:
Good riddance and hopefully it ends this time everyone with logic sense can agree the manga has went to garbage and the anime is TERRIBLE as well it started good but decreased hard in quality.

If the pig is around, maybe they could turn it into bacon and bbq pulled pork sandwiches.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Animeking1108 wrote:
Meh. I lost interest in the series after the 40th time Meliodas sexually harassed Elizabeth and didn't get punished for it.

Given how cliche it is for a guy to do that unintentionally (or not at all) and get punished I welcome them thinking outside the box Razz

MeliodasWarrior wrote:

Not so terrible that it's made you want change your username?
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:59 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
Animeking1108 wrote:

Given how cliche it is for a guy to do that unintentionally (or not at all) and get punished I welcome them thinking outside the box Razz

So, the answer is to have an actual pervert get away with their behavior? Given what we later learn about Meliodas's relationship with her, that makes it even more creepy.
Shaddy_Pl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:22 pm Reply with quote
So one volume have 9 chapters. We already have 4 chapters for volume 41. It give's us 4-5 chapters.
SailorNaruto

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Uh huh. The last time he said that he kept the story going and muddied up the story more than it was so forgive me if I'm a little skeptical. I've never wished for a series to end, especially one that I adore, buy this manga should've ended after spoiler[ Elizabeth was free of her curse] because now it's so messy you can tell he was just making things up at this point. I just wish we could've spoiler[seen the supreme deity in the flesh or found out what happened to her. Her and Elizabeth interacting would've been hella interesting]
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Animeking1108 wrote:

So, the answer is to have an actual pervert get away with their behavior? Given what we later learn about Meliodas's relationship with her, that makes it even more creepy.

I was being part way sarcastic.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1