• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Anime Goods Retailer Prints Exactly 1,979 Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro Watches For

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:02 pm Reply with quote
If I had the money for that watch... I’d spend it on anime, instead. But it is really neat!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:49 pm Reply with quote
I love skeleton watches and this has a great design, if only I had the money Sad Sad Sad Sad
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:14 pm Reply with quote
That looks spectacular.
sakuramboo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:12 am Reply with quote
Charging that much and not mentioning the type of movement kinda gives me pause. I'm also a watch collector and while I like mechanical watches there are vast differences in movement quality (Seiko,Miyota, etc), and at that price just looks like a cash grab since they are not mentioning it. A good movement is not much extra and a great selling feature, not disclosing it is kinda cheesy and suspicious.
Actar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:24 pm Reply with quote
sakuramboo wrote:
Charging that much and not mentioning the type of movement kinda gives me pause. I'm also a watch collector and while I like mechanical watches there are vast differences in movement quality (Seiko,Miyota, etc), and at that price just looks like a cash grab since they are not mentioning it. A good movement is not much extra and a great selling feature, not disclosing it is kinda cheesy and suspicious.

Agreed. I browsed though the Japanese order page and they only said that the movement is Japan-made.

I only ever bought one anime mechanical watch in my time and it was the super-limited Homura shield watch sold only at the Madoka Magica Event in 2012. That one was a Miyota 8N24, but still cost a pretty penny.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1