• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fate/Grand Order Game's The Grand Temple of Time Solomon Story Gets Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:19 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad the staff will return, they trully did a good job with Babylonia. When they announced Babylonia's anime i thought it would have been 24-6 eps with Demonic Front taking something like 18 eps and the remaining for Solomon but as this singularity occured in A.D. 2016, it makes more sense for it to be another anime.
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:55 pm Reply with quote
My problem with this decision is....can I understand what is going on without playing the game at all? (I mean, understand part 7 as an anime-only is not THAT difficult as long as we have some familiarities with FGO and Fate lores in general) I mean....isn’t this final battle a culmination of all previous singularities? Will I be able to understand all the references and cameos?

Last edited by Engineering Nerd on Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
L11K

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Well...
Engineering Nerd wrote:
My problem with this decision is....can I understand what is going on without playing the game at all?

I would say 80%. Babylonia had a flashback to all the other singularities, so that is as far as Anime-onlies are going to get until the singularites are properly adapted.

Engineering Nerd wrote:
Will I able to understand all the references and cameos?

Unless they do something special for anime-only people, nop.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait for AOs to marvel at all of the people they've never seen before and only experience mild emotion at best when the second in-engine cutscene of the singularity gets adapted.
DRosencraft

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
My problem with this decision is....can I understand what is going on without playing the game at all? (I mean, understand part 7 as an anime-only is not THAT difficult as long as we has some familiarities with FGO and Fate lores in general) I mean....isn’t this final battle a culmination of all previous singularities? Will I able to understand all the references and cameos?

The final singularity in the game is not cumulative in the sense of needing to know much about the past stories other than the fact that they happened. A ton of past servants show up to help in the final battle, but knowing them is a "nice to know" type thing, not a "need to know". Watching the anime (the Singularity F OVA and Babylonia) should be plenty enough to know what's going on story-wise.

The story is fairly self-referential; not overly so, but it does hit some highlights. Similar to Babylonia, there will be some references to prior events that won't seem to make a lot of sense unless you are at least passingly familiar with those chapters. Even so, if memory serves, they were fairly heavy on exposition with those parts that were important to the story, so I don't think you'll have to worry about not following the story. Everything else would be Easter Egg-type stuff. Generally speaking there's a lot more talking than in Babylonia.
ayashe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:36 pm Reply with quote
I want Shinjuku for my Saber Alter, but it's never going to happen Crying or Very sad
Kisuke525

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:34 pm Reply with quote
ayashe wrote:
I want Shinjuku for my Saber Alter, but it's never going to happen Crying or Very sad

Don't give up hope! The FGO anime has been really popular in Japan so I don't think they're done with it yet. Shinjuku also has some really popular characters in it and it does come right after Solomon so I do think it's a possibility, but I guess they could end up skipping the remnants entirely and just go straight into the Lostbelts if they decide to animate more Sad
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:49 pm Reply with quote
If ever they decide to adapt further than Solomon, let's hope they won't skip the Pseudo-Singularity/Parallel World, i can already imagine a Shimousa adaptation by ufotable being a huge hit.
Wonderllama

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Someone should adapt the Turas Realta manga to fill in the missing parts
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:31 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if this will stop the references to Babylonia as the final singularity...
L11K

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:44 pm Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
I wonder if this will stop the references to Babylonia as the final singularity...

Solomon is more of a "Extra" thing, after-story. So technically Babylonia is the 'final' of the normal singularities.
theilikepie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Plase stop shoving guadao to make him more relevant. Babylonia already took away alot of other characters moments to give to him so he'd seem involved
XerneasYveltal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Anyone else wanna look forward to witnessing spoiler[Goetia's Ars Almadel Salomonis] and the spoiler[real Solomon's Ars Nova] in animated form?
7jaws7

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Honestly the emotional impact of the Solomon chapter will be hampered by the fact that we’ve only seen Fuyuki and Babylonia so far, and who knows when we will get to watch the Camelot movies.

As for EoR, the Shimousa chapter would be epic.
a1anne

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:06 pm Reply with quote
At this point if you haven't watch Babylone, wait after you've seen Camelot, at least you will have the suspense of Mash's servant identity ^^'

Final singularity (which is solomon's one, not Babylonia ! ) has a lot of scene of the other servants from the other singularity cheering on the mc, but that's it, you'll just see a lot on unfamiliar faces all happy or not to see Fujimaru, but if need is, you'll have a flashback that comes with it. And don't forgot that between Singularity 1 and Final Singularity us that played from the begining had 2 years and a half, so I didn't remember those character personality (because let's say you could see an hatefull gilgamesh in event x, or super lovely happy Ana in event y etc etc), it's normal Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2