• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom Light Novels Get TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:31 pm Reply with quote
One of the better iseikai light novels which actually has some really intriguing political elements, as well as some knowledge of marco-economy that were well-researched instead of some quick search from Wikipedia. I like this one a lot, even not being a huge fan of Iseikai genre

Last edited by Engineering Nerd on Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Wow, didn't think this would ever happen. It doesn't sell amazingly in Japan, but in English it's pretty popular. Now hope Overlap learned their mistake with Arifureta and will give this a proper budget and allow the animators enough time to not rush it. Also please no more than 3 volumes adapted...
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:52 pm Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
Wow, didn't think this would ever happen. It doesn't sell amazingly in Japan, but in English it's pretty popular. Now hope Overlap learned their mistake with Arifureta and will give this a proper budget and allow the animators enough time to not rush it. Also please no more than 3 volumes adapted...

That does make me wonder which volume would be a good cut-off point, because at this point I do think they could end at any volume and still call it a day (whether it being rushed or not is a different story)
Azza Murphy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:57 pm Reply with quote
This is really a good manga so I hope the Anime is going to be good as well
Covnam

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:44 am Reply with quote
Nice, really enjoy the manga. Looking forward to seeing this Very Happy
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:02 am Reply with quote
Here's the life cycle of your current generic LN adaptation:

>Japan announce anime adaptation of generic LN #23187
>LN fans hype the source material for its "good writing"(TM)
>Months later on, staff and studio working on the show are no-name literal who
>Anime adaptation turned out to be a one-cour poorly animated, poorly directed hackjob of a mess
>The people who wasted their time watching the anime forget that the massive turd of adaptation exists 3 weeks after airing
>Fans get hyped for the next one-cour disposable generic LN adaptation
>Rinse and repeat. Do the same thing with video game/gacha adaptations.

Are people not getting tired of this crap happening over and over and over again?
redcar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:14 am Reply with quote
Awesome! I was wondering if this ever had a chance of getting adapted. So glad it is!
Engineering Nerd wrote:
LegitPancake wrote:

That does make me wonder which volume would be a good cut-off point, because at this point I do think they could end at any volume and still call it a day (whether it being rushed or not is a different story)

I was actually thinking about this a while back, and it might be...difficult. In the midword of volume 4 the author pointed out that the first four volumes together form a single larger story. This apparently made submitting the story to contests difficult, and I have to imagine it might make the anime adaptation similarly difficult to structure. The usual pacing issues aside, assuming you adapted as much as possible of those volumes, the action climax of the story would happen midseason with a fair amount of denoument afterwards. Would the powers that be allow the season to end on volume 4's romantic climax rather than something more action-based? I guess we'll see...
Moontei

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:26 am Reply with quote
Nice, just read through all 10 available volumes of the light novel recently after having dabbled in the WN way back. Fingers crossed the adaptation is actually good.

Also, can't wait for Volume 11 of the LN to drop later this month!
TichoSlicer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:27 am Reply with quote
Holy crap, this art style is very different from The manga o. O

Anyway, really looking foward for this ;p
Ampharos

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:33 am Reply with quote
I've heard enough good things about this one to be excited about it getting an anime adaptation.
ChimeyChime

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:06 am Reply with quote
Eh, we'll see.

I'll try to keep an open mind but I've gotten sick of the generic fanservicey junk that keeps getting released these days. If it ends up toning down the fanservice (like log horizon's anime adaption did) then I might give it a try but I won't hold my breath. It's getting harder and harder to find anime that I can actually take seriously.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:34 am Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
Also please no more than 3 volumes adapted...

The first "arc" finishes on volume 4. If they do less than that it'd be a disservice.
Now whether they do it in one cour or two is another story.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:45 am Reply with quote
Yes, if they intend to do a faithfull adaptation with only 1 cour there is no way they would stop before the 4th volume. I wouldn't mind a 2 cours anime, i'm currently at the 10th vol and there hasn't a single arc where i got bored.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:34 am Reply with quote
Reading the manga of it and its pretty good one hope the anime will have good designs aswell and that they dont mess up. So yeh overall looking forward to this and see how it turns out Smile
kinghumanity

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:24 am Reply with quote
Ermat_46 wrote:
Here's the life cycle of your current generic LN adaptation:

>Japan announce anime adaptation of generic LN #23187
>LN fans hype the source material for its "good writing"(TM)
>Months later on, staff and studio working on the show are no-name literal who
>Anime adaptation turned out to be a one-cour poorly animated, poorly directed hackjob of a mess
>The people who wasted their time watching the anime forget that the massive turd of adaptation exists 3 weeks after airing
>Fans get hyped for the next one-cour disposable generic LN adaptation
>Rinse and repeat. Do the same thing with video game/gacha adaptations.

Are people not getting tired of this crap happening over and over and over again?

Assuming a big name studio with a big name staff can turn a generic LN into a masterpiece lmao
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2