• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sengoku Basara 4 PS4 Game Gets Anniversary Edition in Japan

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vycey

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Neat. Capcom's refusal to localise any more Basara hurts my soul though.
Tripple-A

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Well I already have Sengoku Basara 4 and Sumeragi. They should instead make a new game, even a spin-off like Sanada Yukimura-den would be fine, and they also should release them in the west.
NJ_

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 12:20 am Reply with quote
Vycey wrote:
Neat. Capcom's refusal to localise any more Basara hurts my soul though.

This so much!

My issues with FUNimation aside, I'm glad they stuck with the anime adaptations to the end after Capcom dropped the ball with 3 here and I own everything except for End of Judgment, most of which were double-dips.
MoonPhase1

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 5:39 am Reply with quote
Not sure what kind of sales numbers Capcom was looking for in a niche game. Though I would imagine it did better on PS3 over Wii.
NJ_

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 1:40 pm Reply with quote
MoonPhase1 wrote:
Not sure what kind of sales numbers Capcom was looking for in a niche game. Though I would imagine it did better on PS3 over Wii.

Considering this was the Capcom of last gen, probably an insane number since they were expecting a lot for their other games as well including their half-assed digital ports.
Stelman257

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 11:55 am Reply with quote
MoonPhase1 wrote:
Not sure what kind of sales numbers Capcom was looking for in a niche game.

They were looking for at least half a million, but wanted a million. I remember they said they wanted it to do Street Fighter 4 numbers because in Japan the series does actually perform that well, and they wanted the west sales to match it to be convinced the series was worth continuing to localize.
Last I checked it sold about 100k overseas, versus nearly 600k in Japan. Capcom of 2010 decided it was a bomb and not worth bothering with anymore. I’m so glad FUNi stuck with the animes at least. Well, almost, they didn’t get Gakuen Basara and all 3 people including myself that watched it were sad about that I’m sure.
NJ_

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Stelman257 wrote:
I’m so glad FUNi stuck with the animes at least. Well, almost, they didn’t get Gakuen Basara and all 3 people including myself that watched it were sad about that I’m sure.

I completely forgot about that show and looking it up, I can see why FUNi didn't get it because Sentai has a close relationship with TBS Animation to where if they're lead producer on a series, it's an easy pickup for them....though there have been exceptions recently with FUNi getting Castle Town Dandelion, Dagashi Kashi & Stars Align.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up. I see that it got a Blu-ray release back in December so I'll probably pick it up whenever I'm ready to get End of Judgment.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1