• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Boom! Studios Launches 6-Issue Mega Man: Fully Charged Comic Series

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
veemonjosh

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 11:02 am Reply with quote
Rather late for this, isn't it? The show ended a year ago and was dead-on-arrival from the start due to Cartoon Network's scheduling practices. Seems strange to give it a comic series now after all this time.
Megax36

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 1:47 pm Reply with quote
I was just asking myself "is that show still even on the air". I recall watching the previews for it right when it was starting, which was around the time Megaman 11 came out and thought is was lame as hell.

I don't think anything outside of a traditional hand drawn anime based on the X series can do this franchise justice as far as TV series go.
omegafinal

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 5:23 pm Reply with quote
The Fully Charged series was a decent watch, with little bit of fanservice here and there such as musical cues from past games. I did like their take on the Robot Masters as well. Though I didn't think it did well enough to get its own comic series given how..."unknown" it was. Surprising to see this get announced.
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 9:06 pm Reply with quote
I wanted to watch this show but to my knowledge it hasn't been licensed to be broadcasted in LatAm, which is weird because, unlike anime western cartoons are almost always broadcasted in many countries around the world, and the Ruby-Spears cartoon and the Mega Man NT Warrior anime were dubbed into neutral spanish.
Aside from that, it's nice to see that at least they're continuing the story of the show in comic form but I don't really like the artstyle, I would've preferred if it was more the artwork from the Archie Mega Man comic or the illustrations from MM8, the series would've looked better if the animation was more like Mega Man Legends or Mega Man X8.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 10:23 pm Reply with quote
I would rather have seen the return of the Archie series with Ian Flynn back as writer. The Archie Mega Man series was amazing!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1