• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: BookWalker to Release 'Why the hell are you here, Teacher!?,' TenPuru Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:45 am Reply with quote
Has there ever been any instance of BookWalker censoring any English release? My searches don't turn up with anything, but considering how the later chapters of the former title sometimes reach late story Tsugumomo level, I'm a bit concerned...
gunn_maew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:39 am Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
Has there ever been any instance of BookWalker censoring any English release? My searches don't turn up with anything, but considering how the later chapters of the former title sometimes reach late story Tsugumomo level, I'm a bit concerned...

I don't think so, i purchased over 150 books from bookwalker (mostly LN but sometime manga),
until now I don't see any thing being censored

anyway.. today, FAKKU just starting to sell its's books on Bookwalker platform, UNCENSORED.
kpossibles

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:55 am Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:

I don't think they censor their releases beyond what is provided by them by the publisher. They also don't have that issue like with Shonen Jump app where certain mature titles are only available on their website and not on their app (due to app store content guidelines?).

Bookwalker always lists mature titles without any issues when Amazon might remove it from Kindle & Comixology if someone complains enough. Smart link previews for NSFW covers will be shown as a generic mature title instead of the cover, but the cover will show up as normal on their website. Iirc They also require you to now turn on Mature option in settings to view their complete R18 collection, like with BL titles.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1