• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - Summer Crush

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gridsleep

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:36 pm Reply with quote
ALF made Hatsune Miku? Which definition of made?
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:15 pm Reply with quote
-Bloodstained: Iga keeps being awesome.

-Min Min: It amuses the hell out of me that they got Ryo Horikawa to dub slurping noodles. Dedication

-Pokemon Unite: Looks interesting.

Also Square-Enix showed some more stuff for the Avengers game, but it still looks boring as hell so whatever.
Triltaison

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Man, I am down for that Pretty Princess Party. Laughing
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
King of Fighters R-2 is coming to Switch! This marks the second Neo-Geo Pocket Color port to the console, which makes me think there are even more planned.
Actually, that would be the third, since the NGPC Samurai Shodown 2! game came first, though that was a pre-order bonus with the Switch port of the 2019 SamSho game. Not sure if it'll be in the e-shop in the future, but who knows. (Then there was Gals Fighters, and then KOF R-2.)
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:40 pm Reply with quote
- Crash: I guess due to the success of the N-Sane Trilogy, Activision decided to market this game as a "true" sequel and thus ignoring all post Naughty Dog games, which is a shame since there were some decent Crash games made by other studios, but the trailer looked good. It's weird that it isn't coming to the Switch, at least for now.
- Alf: never thought I would hear Gordon Shumway talking about Hatsune Miku Laughing . Seriously, I watched a lot of reruns of Alf, it's nice to see him again (btw, here in lat-am Alf shares the same voice actor with Piccolo from DBZ).
- SNK: I was hoping to see some news about KOF XV, but I guess it'll be delayed til next year like the new Guilty Gear.
- Pokémon Unite: not interested, I don't find MOBA games appealing, but I can see why TPCI decided to give this game its own presentation, it's probably going to be very successful in China and some other regions.. I can totally understand the backlash regarding Tencent's role in the development, but I don't think they care too much about the negativity.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:02 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Crash Bandicoot 4 is happening! Yeah, I was like, “wasn't there already a Crash 4?” but it turns out I was thinking of one of the many post-Naughty Dog games Universal pooped out that were technically Crash games but had no number attached.

Unless you live in Japan, where Wrath of Cortex & Twinsanity were actually titled Crash Bandicoot 4 & 5, respectively! I wonder what Crash 4 will be titled in Japan... Maybe they'll just go with "Shin/New Crash Bandicoot".

Quote:
Note: Please don't play SvC Chaos.

Look, while SVC Chaos is nowhere near the quality of the Capcom vs. SNK games, & feels notoriously unfinished in many ways, it's still surprisingly fun to play, and the roster remains extremely unique for a crossover fighting game. If nothing else, it's a testament to how even an underwhelming SNK fighter is still better than some other fighters. Also, don't go forgetting Sonic Pocket Adventure, which was a fun redux of Sonic 2 & 3 for the NGPC. That at least has a better chance at happening than the Capcom crossovers, or even the NGPC port of Mega Man: The Power Battles/Fighters.
OtherSideofSky

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:17 pm Reply with quote
I played the Switch compilation of the previous two Fallen Legion games, and while I liked a lot about them, I've also never finished them due to weird difficulty spikes and a total lack of resources for what I could be doing better to deal with them. (The only obvious answer is "perfect parry almost everything," which starts to feel inadequate when bosses bring out long combos with unclear parry windows, obscuring particle effects, and unpredictable lag. I think it's possible to have more advanced abilities by that point, but the developers seem to have made the unlock conditions for them, if they do exist, deliberately obscure to the point that it might as well be random.)

I really hope this new one fixes that with clearer telegraphs (including making sure enemies don't block other enemies from view during their attack animations) and a smoother frame rate. I do see some new elements in the trailer footage, so I'm tentatively hopeful.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:04 am Reply with quote
Seems Cyberpunk 2077 will be censored in Japan

"Cyberpunk 2077 Won’t Be Censored In Australia But Japan’s Version Will Be Fairly Different"
Quote:

It was revealed late last week that Cyberpunk 2077 will be heavily censored in Japan.

The Japanese version will receive the following changes:

• Added underwear to naked male/female characters
  • Revised some sexually explicit content
  • Selective revision of severing human body/exposed guts
  • Revision/removal of billboard/graffiti shaped as genitals

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1