• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mitsuru Adachi Resumes Mix Manga in October

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DerekL1963
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully we'll see more of the anime someday... I loved Mix and want more!
Fluwm

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:09 pm Reply with quote
DerekL1963 wrote:
Hopefully we'll see more of the anime someday... I loved Mix and want more!

lol, this is why I never read Adachi's manga til it's 100% finished. It's so good I can't stand not being able to keep going.

And I'd say the odds are VERY good for a second anime adaptation. Or at the very least some OVAs/Movies.

EDIT: actually it might make a lot of sense to start over and new an entirely new adaptation as like a feature film trilogy or something. Touch was huge, so there's probably a market for it.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:34 pm Reply with quote
I would also second seeing a continuation of the Mix anime being made. It would also be great if someone would license Touch.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:52 am Reply with quote
There simply isn't enough to make more Mix anime. I figured when it was announced it was too early and I seem to be right. As far as I can tell, the hiatus hit when the series was finally getting around to the key developments of the series that set up the team for their eventual victory and will cause the interpersonal developments that need to happen between brothers. But it was just beginning.

In a "Breaking the fourth wall" moment recently Haruka's mother decides to write her next serialized story a baseball drama about.... a brother and sister who aren't related by blood. She interviews Touma and Otomi and at one point he thinks "If you take things too slow.... people will start to lose interest" Wink

I still think they should just go back in Adaichi's catalog for something else to adapt in the meantime. Redo and finish H2. Give me a Katsu or Rough series. Reimagine the siscon classic Miyuki (which also never had an animated finish) without the toxic sexism or creeptastic adults- also features a character in Mix (the cafe owner).

There are so many possibilities.

Last edited by Spastic Minnow on Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Fluwm

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Katsu! would be brilliant to see animated, as would Niji Iro Togarashi. I consider them to be two of Adachi's finest works and it's criminal that they haven't been adapted yet.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1