• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sailor Moon Eternal Films Cast Naomi Watanabe as Zirconia

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:34 pm Reply with quote
As I mentioned in the other thread, there was some new animation footage shown of Zirconia and Zircon in the Dead Moon Circus tent from the movie on a Japanese TV broadcast announcement of the casting, though it hasn’t been added to official channels yet. But the more I see of the animation the more I’m excited for the film and I think it will turn out great. I don’t think I’ve seen anything Watanabe has been in as she seems to be more of a live action actress than an anime VA, but she’s apparently pretty popular in Japan and Japanese audiences seem really excited for her role. Toei must be feeling confident in the Eternal movies that they cast a fairly popular Japanese celebrity for the part. And while I’ve been frustrated with the long delays for the Eternal movies, I have to admit this is a clever move by Toei to get fans hyped for the movie, especially casual Sailor Moon fans who maybe didn’t watch all of Crystal but are vaguely aware there’s a new reboot and it seems to be working.
1dbad

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:36 am Reply with quote
Naomi looks adorable as Moon, and the more I hear of her Zirconia, the more I'm loving it. I really like the OST in the TV broadcast clip too. It nails the eerie circus sound perfectly!

Said clip for those who haven't seen it: https://twitter.com/NewMoonPride/status/1304170719186542592?s=20
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1