• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Gun Girls Meet in Girls' Frontline Smartphone Game Collaboration with Gunslinger Girl

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:37 pm Reply with quote
I'm sorry but WHAT?! I quit this game pretty quick (and recently all gacha) but I'll reinstall if US version gets this. The 2nd anime was really rushed but the manga and franchise is one my favorites of all time! This feels so random since the manga ended almost a decade ago...
R315r4z0r

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:30 pm Reply with quote
GFL is probably one of the best gatchas out there. It isn't overbearing with asking for money. In fact, the only things you really pay for are infrastructure (ie active squads, build slots, storage space, etc (these are all 1 time purchases)) and cosmetics. All story and events are free without even the option to pay for help and they give you plenty of time to be able to complete them. Even unit and equipment management is all gameplay driven.

You can buy resources with real money, but it generally isn't worth doing it, especially since it isn't hard to simply farm the resources on your own with logistics.

As far as this collab goes, they have been talking about it in the EN community for a while. In fact, it's the reason why I went out and bought the Gunslinger Girl Blurays to watch.

Unfortunately, I didn't really like it all that much. It seemed like it had no plot and was just a slice-of-life from the perspective a bleak world where they brainwash little girls and use them as assassins. But, even still, I'm looking forward to see what comes of this.

Edit: I just realized after looking at my post: my avatar is from GFL :3
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1