• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Perfect / Pointless / Poignant Quotes.

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:57 am Reply with quote
Although in my perfect scenario, he wouldn't leap from premise to premise, he'd be killed in each story, being reincarnated into yet another world each time. A great running joke would be him being continuously being Truck-kuned by whatever large vehicle or large animal that could kill him. Oops, Dragon fell over.... oops Titan stepped on you... oops you've splatted on the windshield of a hyper-speed space cruiser... Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:58 pm Reply with quote
steelmirror wrote:
[...]

I don't know, this is sappy as hell, but KyoAni, this weab is thinking of you. Thank you so much, and I cry and love for you.

Really says it all ─ better than I could, anyway.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:45 am Reply with quote
From the talkback thread of REVIEW: Who Says Warriors Can't Be Babes? GN 1:
OtherSideofSky (in part) wrote:
This is the kind of entirely forgettable gag manga that could probably be generated by an algorithm, and from a potential reader's perspective, I'd argue that's worse than anything else going on with it.

Impressively put.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Why does it seem as if I'm the only one posting here of late? Confused
From the talkback thread of This Week in Anime | My Poor Eiken Back by Steve Jones & Nick Dupree:
DavetheUsher wrote:
Kids today got no respect for the classics.

In order to understand the concise, yet understated irony and humor of that sentence, you need to read the column.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:38 pm Reply with quote
From the review of F/s n: UBW (last ):
Caitlin Moore wrote:
I'm still not sure I can recommend it wholeheartedly with a clean conscience, but I no longer feel like it wasted my time.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:18 am Reply with quote
Should last rites be given for this thread? Rolling Eyes Just sayin'.....

From: "Former Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe Passes Away at 67":
vashfanatic wrote:
chudmaru wrote:
Facism has become a sensationalist buzzword that has lost all meaning and people just use it to describe anything they don't like. Facism [sic] is clearly defined as a centralized form of autocratic government that gets to make all the rules and surpresses [sic] any voices of opposition. A good way of knowing if you live in a facist [sic] country is if you're allowed to actually call it a facist [sic] state. People who criticize the government in a facist [sic] state generally get arrested or killed, like what happens to a lot of of Putin's or Xi's critics.

I don't want this to get derailed into semantic discussions, but you just defined totalitarianism, not fascism. Fascism is an extreme form of nationalism obsessed with the idea that a nation needs to be redeemed from a nefarious plot by conspiratorial forces (usually associated with communists, Freemasons, Jews, and other ethnic minorities) to undermine its greatness. I agree that Abe isn't a true fascist, but you can actually be a democracy and still be led by fascists, as Japan was in early on in its fascist kick in the 30s and 40s. Fascist movements prefer totalitarian governments, but not all totalitarians are fascists and fascism can thrive in a non-totalitarian setting.
No comment necessary.
penguintruth wrote:
I'm not going to shed any tears over an ultra right winger and war crime denier, but assassination has a tendency to destabilize things, so this was probably not a good thing.
Now there is a prize understatement.....
ZiharkXVI wrote:
TarsTarkas wrote:
BadNewsBlues wrote:
TarsTarkas wrote:
Title should be changed. He didn't pass away. He was shot and killed, and/or assasinated.
Sad day.
Depending on whether he was still alive after he was wounded that would be the correct terminology but both can still be correct.
Saying he passed away is like saying he was "Climbing the Towering Stairway" from Ascendance of a Bookworm. We don't use passed away, to describe murder, killings, and assassinations. He was basically DOA at the hospital, even though they tried to resuscitate him.
I tend to agree. I'm not saying that the phrase was intentional, but he was murdered.
Never thought I'd see something like this happen in Japan. I didn't always agree with his politics, but very tragic news.
I thought the same thing when I read the headline. Thinkng this over, I couldn't help but draw parallels with the assassination of John Lennon.
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:57 am Reply with quote
Gave me some good chuckles. Thanks, Nick. Laughing
From: "Rent-A-Girlfriend Season 2, Episodes 13-15 Review"
Nicholas Dupree wrote:
For romcoms it's the journey, not the destination, but RAG's journey is driving 45 on the interstate, windows up, radio off, while your college roommate reads hentai on his phone in the passenger seat.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Laughing

That is a good one, thanks for sharing! My only beef with the quote is that it makes the show seem more interesting than it actually is...
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Referring to the title of the article: "Crunchyroll to Stream My One-Hit Kill Sister, Reborn to Master the Blade, Aristocrat's Otherworldly Adventure, Strongest Exorcist In Another World, Reborn as a Vending Machine, Sugar Apple Fairy Tale"
Farafra wrote:
I'm not the only one who thought that head was the title of just one anime was I?

For sure you're not! Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 105 of 105