• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: GKIDS, Shout! Factory Release Lupin III THE FIRST CG Anime Film on BD/DVD on January 12

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tojikomori

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:58 pm Reply with quote
Yet to decide if I can watch this film. I'm not opposed to CG, and by all account it's done very well, but in every still I've seen Lupin looks like one of the Mars Attacks Martians stuffed into a Jim Carrey skin suit.

SE box art shown here only deepens the impression. (Is that grin Cheshire, or Chelsea?)
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:05 pm Reply with quote
tojikomori wrote:
Yet to decide if I can watch this film. I'm not opposed to CG, and by all account it's done very well, but in every still I've seen Lupin looks like one of the Mars Attacks Martians stuffed into a Jim Carrey skin suit.

SE box art shown here only deepens the impression. (Is that grin Cheshire, or Chelsea?)

The CG is exceptional for one of these kinds of movies, though the movie itself is pretty average overall. Not one of the greatest Lupin adventures, but it's fine.

I'll probably get it to support the English dub.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
scriver058

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:04 am Reply with quote
Disappointed in no 4K disc at least at first, but what I've seen of the movie looks great and its Lupin, so ill pick the steelbook up.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1