• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence Film's 2019 Teaser Trailer Streamed Online

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oggers

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:22 am Reply with quote
Glad we can finally see that teaser online. At this point, I'll take any crumb of news about the movie I can get.
meiam

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:34 am Reply with quote
Hum, that was a bit rough. They're relying too much on tracing CG so you get some of that feeling and there's not enough cut for the big sweeping movement so you get some pooping/jerking.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:46 am Reply with quote
Well that certainly was a teaser. It'll be another 2 years before we see it here. :/

I still can't understand how this series just fell off a cliff with both follow-up and figures after being so successful.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:17 pm Reply with quote
I am so glad I am not a mega fan of this anime because this delay is ridiculous. And not to mention all the money that the producers have left in the table for 3 years.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:08 pm Reply with quote
I wish the movie wasn't taking so long to come out but I'm not sure why people have this view the studio somehow failed to make YOI a longer lasting success just because there hasn't been any new content. You look at how many other anime original shows that only lasted 12 or 26 episodes but are still well liked by fans decades later in spite of having no new content for them. I mean naturally if there's no new content there's going to be less active discussion about a show but that doesn't mean people stopped liking it. Just this morning YOI was a top trending topic on Twitter so people clearly still have a lot of love for it. We didn't need this movie. It could have ended with the show just fine and it still would have left an important legacy in anime fandom. But fans seem to have this idea we're owed new content somehow and if we don't get it right here and now then the studio failed. But like if this movie was never announced to begin with anime fandom would treat YOI the same way it does every other 12 episode show that became well loved with fans when it ran and never got more content like Death Parade or Eizoken etc.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:16 am Reply with quote
I didn't realize it was going to be a prequel. That's a bit disappointing. I always thought the idea was to continue the story of the original.
Never_Know_Best

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Wyvern wrote:
I didn't realize it was going to be a prequel. That's a bit disappointing. I always thought the idea was to continue the story of the original.

Yeah I hear you.. I’m sure a lot of us assumed “Ice Adolescence” was in reference to Yuri’s arrested development as an athlete and sexual being. Ah well; I’m still down if it’s quality stuff.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:25 pm Reply with quote
I kinda remember hearing that it was, but it makes me wonder if the title character will even be in it (other than as a kid drooling in front of his tv Wink).
Oggers

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Wyvern wrote:

Honestly, I don't mind that much if it's a prequel. We still don't know very much at all about Victor's past, so it'll be nice to get more insight into his adolescent years.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Personally I’m fine with it being a prequel as Yuuri’s story is already complete in the show but we didn’t learn that much about Viktor’s past before meeting Yuuri. As much as I enjoy Yuuri and Viktor’s relationship dynamic, I feel like there’s a lot more to this show that sometimes gets simplefied to being “that gay skating show.”
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1