• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Detective Is Already Dead TV Anime Confirmed With Cast, Staff

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:07 pm Reply with quote
What the blurb doesn't mention is that this is a "meet someone with an uncanny resemblance to someone already dead" scenario. I'm usually a sucker for stories like that, so I will at least check it out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:12 pm Reply with quote
That's a lot of girls...kind of curious how many of them will end up falling for the MC (aside from the Main Heroine). Will they all be part of their investigation team, or something?

Props for having Matsuoka in a supporting role instead of making him the lead.

Koyasu's character having a codename makes me think he's a villain (even beyond the fact that he's voiced by Koyasu).
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:23 pm Reply with quote
The blurb at the top says "Shin Nagai, Saki Miyashita star in romantic comedy from ENGI"
Does that mean that this isn't a mystery series? Or is it mystery with rom-com elements (or the other way around)? Everything I heard about this before made me think it was just mystery.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Tantei wa mou... shindeiru. A lot of HnK fans will be watching this just for that alone. Dat cast! Koyasu!!!!! Yoshitsugu really graduated from being the MC in these roles. The thing is that he'll still get a role as a side character, which I think is intentional. lol
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:33 pm Reply with quote
MagicPolly wrote:
The blurb at the top says "Shin Nagai, Saki Miyashita star in romantic comedy from ENGI"
Does that mean that this isn't a mystery series? Or is it mystery with rom-com elements (or the other way around)? Everything I heard about this before made me think it was just mystery.

I assumed it was like Detective Conan in that there's the focal romcom antics of the high school characters alongside them stumbling into mysteries/crimes.
Niyari

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:42 am Reply with quote
ahh my favorite genre. hoping this is just as good as Hyouka
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:19 am Reply with quote
This could be a decent series may check it out if it gets a dub.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1