• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yuki Yuna is a Hero Churutto! Anime Shorts Reveal Staff, April Premiere

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:47 am Reply with quote
Can't wait to see how anime-onlies respond to 27 characters Laughing
or 29, if they include Aki Masuzu and Hanamoto Yoshika whom just got added into the mobage this month
DerekL1963
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:34 am Reply with quote
#912045 wrote:
or 29, if they include Aki Masuzu and Hanamoto Yoshika whom just got added into the mobage this month

Probably by skipping this anime entirely.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:39 am Reply with quote
DerekL1963 wrote:
Probably by skipping this anime entirely.

eh it's their loss, and people tend to skip chibi OVAs anyway, it's not surprising. And Churutto! is probably made to promote the mobage which doesn't have an English server... yeah.

Last edited by #912045 on Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
WANNFH

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:42 am Reply with quote
#912045 wrote:
Probably as same as to MagiReco (another anime spun from mobage that based on the original anime) - basically, who cares at that point. And I don't think they are include all of them.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:46 am Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
I don't think they are include all of them.

The live stream announcement and the official website of the anime already confirmed a cast of 27 characters and it's even in the synopsis...
Quote:
In the year 300, the world inside Shinju where all Heroes and Mikos were summoned from their respective timelines during the crisis. They gathered in Sanshu Middle School Hero Club and has transformed it into a large family with a total of 27 members. The club president, Inubouzaki Fuu who gathered these powerful friends together, announces the development of the long-awaited Hero Club Udon.

YuYuYu, WaSuYu, NoWaYu and KuMeYu character designs already revealed with the rest coming soon.
The difference with MagiReco is... most of these characters originated from the anime and light novels, only 5 were introduced from the mobage. All of MagiReco except the original 5 are new iirc. And Churutto! being a chibi anime, having a bloated cast with SoL undertones is fine.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:26 pm Reply with quote
#912045 wrote:
The difference with MagiReco is... most of these characters originated from the anime and light novels, only 5 were introduced from the mobage. All of MagiReco except the original 5 are new iirc. And Churutto! being a chibi anime, having a bloated cast with SoL undertones is fine.
Well, that means it will basically like Im@S Cinderella Theater, where most of the returning characters from the main anime series were presented there only by cameos or very small roles, if ever presented.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:29 pm Reply with quote
I'm wondering if anyone will even license this since the last season of Yuki Yuna expired on Amazon Prime and they seem to have pretty much walked away from doing any new anime licenses.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
I'm wondering if anyone will even license this since the last season of Yuuki Yuuna expired on Amazon Prime and they seem to have pretty much walked away from doing any new anime licenses.

I wouldn't be surprised if the franchise has pretty much steered away from the western side, doesn't seem to make much profits. Especially when Churutto! consists of characters from light novels, etc that were never localized and translated officially, and basically made to promote a mobage that doesn't have an English server. So unless one is deep into Yuusha hell, this chibi OVA wouldn't interest them. Because even for the hardcore fans, this is just a bonus seeing all these characters animated, even if it's in chibi form.

The real shakeup would be if they ever do a Nogi Wakaba wa Yuusha de Aru anime adaptation (Origin story, 300 years prior to S1) with Nogi Sonoko's ancestor as the title character.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1