• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom Anime Casts Ikumi Hasegawa

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:33 pm Reply with quote
I have really high hopes for this series
Calsolum

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:25 am Reply with quote
Lord Vaultman wrote:

I did too...

For what it's worth it has a strong start and it feels like the author seriously did their homework on politics, economics and that kinda stuff(I'm no expert but I was amazed).

But later on, it has a... harem problem? If that's your thing then that's cool, but it gets old fast when almost every major female character is a different trait and all fall for the MC.

Now I'm not against Harem series at all but when one of the selling points of a series is realism I kinda expect... realism.
Who knows maybe I'm being too harsh and that's a problem that's solved later on with the introduction of more characters that don't revolve(solely) around the main character.
Hopefully, the novel gets some reviews on the site so I can decide if I wanna buy the rest of the series or donate the volumes I have to someone who would enjoy it.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:24 am Reply with quote
White-haired knight girl? I'm kind of reminded of one of the Heroines from How to Not Summon a Demon Lord.
Soulwarfare

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Calsolum wrote:
Lord Vaultman wrote:

I did too...

For what it's worth it has a strong start and it feels like the author seriously did their homework on politics, economics and that kinda stuff(I'm no expert but I was amazed).

But later on, it has a... harem problem? If that's your thing then that's cool, but it gets old fast when almost every major female character is a different trait and all fall for the MC.

Now I'm not against Harem series at all but when one of the selling points of a series is realism I kinda expect... realism.
Who knows maybe I'm being too harsh and that's a problem that's solved later on with the introduction of more characters that don't revolve(solely) around the main character.
Hopefully, the novel gets some reviews on the site so I can decide if I wanna buy the rest of the series or donate the volumes I have to someone who would enjoy it.

spoiler[Yeah but at least he has sex with his harem members instead of being a dense boy]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1