• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Blue Reflection Ray TV Anime's Videos Preview Songs, Character Voices, Action Scenes

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kyokun47

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:32 pm Reply with quote
The action scenes look fantastic from the trailer, and it makes up for what we lost with Mel Kishida's original designs to me. To anyone who's played Blue Reflection, is this related at all to the game? Or is what's being shown off looking to be a direct sequel?
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:10 pm Reply with quote
I don't know that Blue Reflection was really about anything. It was a gamified way to tell stories about teenage angst. It's in whatever category you'd put Persona in. So if you ask if it's related to the game... I dunno. Maybe? I don't see any direct continuity links, but it seems to be treading similar themes with similar technobabble.
GNPixie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:20 pm Reply with quote
kyokun47 wrote:
The action scenes look fantastic from the trailer, and it makes up for what we lost with Mel Kishida's original designs to me. To anyone who's played Blue Reflection, is this related at all to the game? Or is what's being shown off looking to be a direct sequel?

Nope. Kinda can't have it related to the original game anyway, considering how the original ends. Going into further detail would be massive spoilers.

It kind of looks like what the late 90s Cybuster anime was to Masoukishin; IE take the core ideas and concept of the video game but otherwise, doing its own thing with a separate cast entirely.
kamui85

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:27 pm Reply with quote
this looks horrible, that shading looks like bruises
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1