• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tsuburaya Productions, Netflix Partner for Ultraman CG Animated Film

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OjaruFan2

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 7:32 pm Reply with quote
For a second, I thought this film was a continuation of the CG TV series. I couldn't really get into the CG TV series, so hopefully, this film will catch my interest.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 10:18 pm Reply with quote
A Western animation Ultraman? Interesting.

I'm glad the protagonist is still Japanese although the premise of taking care of a monster child and protecting it from the government organization Ultraman usually fights together with is...different.
HeWhoSlapsAll

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 10:42 pm Reply with quote
I hope the CGI is more in the vein of Kubo and Coraline, aka stop motion.
LuckyAstei

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 5:52 am Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
A Western animation Ultraman? Interesting.

Not the first time Tsubaraya has worked with western animators I remember the Hanna Barbara cartoon movie they co produced.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 5:54 am Reply with quote
This is a pretty impressive list of creative talent. Writers behind Coraline and Kubo? Industrial Light and Magic? It’s been said by others but clearly Tsuburaya is trying to make up for lost time with all these projects on an international scale. Luckily most of them are good so far, but the inevitable comparisons between this and Shin Ultraman oughta be interesting.
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 12:49 pm Reply with quote
The people involved in this production gives me hope that this could be interesting, I liked the cgi show that came a few years ago. With ILM at the helm the animation could be very impressive.
Kind of crazy how Netflix has been involved with Ultraman, Godzilla and Gundam, the only one left is Kamen Rider.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Silver Kirin wrote:
The people involved in this production gives me hope that this could be interesting, I liked the cgi show that came a few years ago. With ILM at the helm the animation could be very impressive.
Kind of crazy how Netflix has been involved with Ultraman, Godzilla and Gundam, the only one left is Kamen Rider.

Too bad Funimation beat them to the curb with the W anime...unless they do their own Kamen Rider thing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1