• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated! Anime Unveils Cast, Staff, July 31 Debut With Half-Year R

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 6:51 am Reply with quote
Is there a reason for the ~4 weeks late start ? It seems like it will replace Bishounen Tanteidan time slot so i don't really get why. This 2 cours announcement is like a dream come true though.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 7:11 am Reply with quote
So, they actually type-casted Naomi Oozora for comic relief bullied Jahy-sama? Well, why not.

And heck, the whole seiyuu cast looks as definitely solid as it can.

Yune Amagiri wrote:
Is there a reason for the ~4 weeks late start ? It seems like it will replace Bishounen Tanteidan time slot so i don't really get why.
An unusual number of episodes, or something that has 4-6 episodes that put to the same slot. Or just something that fits with the Olympics. There can be a lot of reasons.
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 7:42 am Reply with quote
Stacked cast.
boldulysses

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 2:17 pm Reply with quote
So...this is a gender-swapped TDIAPT, right?
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Guess will have to go into this one blind, since the english manga isn't out yet.
Merxamers

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 8:28 pm Reply with quote
boldulysses wrote:

Not a bad comparison, actually. I'd say it's a good mix of Devil is a Part-Timer and Machikado Mazoku in the kind of humor and story it is. I liked what i read of the manga quite a lot, so i'm looking forward to this (and the manga was licensed in english recently, i believe it's set to come out later this summer)
Tenchi

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 8:30 pm Reply with quote
It would not surprise me at all if manga creator Wakame Konbu specifically requested that Naomi Ōzora be considered for the part of Jahy-sama due to how memorable Ōzora was in Gabriel Dropout as Satanichia Kurumizawa McDowell, another hapless devil girl on Earth (with the main difference between the two characters being that spoiler[Jahy-sama actually was a bigshot in Hell, second in command to the Demon King, while "Satania" is just a baker's daughter with delusions of grandeur]; Jahy-sama also switches between full-sized and chibi versions while Satania is stuck as a high school girl).

I also don't think it's entirely coincidental that fellow Gabriel Dropout seiyuu Kana Hanazawa, who voiced the playfully sadistic teasing angel Raphiel Ainsworth Shiraha, shall be reunited with Naomi Ōzora on Jahy-sama, playing Jahy-sama's servant Druj, since Raph's "friendly" torment of Satania was one of the funnier aspects of the show. Druj respects Jahy much more than Raph respected Satania however Druj still has the upper hand on Jahy by spoiler[being a successful and very wealthy businesswoman on Earth while Jahy has to work in a bar just to be able to afford her tiny apartment but Jahy would rather pretend that she has some kind of badass secret headquarters which Druj isn't yet qualified to see than admit her poverty to her servant].

I'm not too surprised that Jahy-sama will be animated by Silver Link considering they've already worked on the animated adaptations of a few other Square-Enix Gangan Online/Joker manga titles including WataMote and Tanaka-kun is Always Listless.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Yaafm

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Oh wow, had no idea this was coming, love the manga.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 12:10 am Reply with quote
boldulysses wrote:
Not really - as it said earlier, it's basically Machikado Mazoku type of comedy SOL opposed to Hataraku Maou-sama shounen, maybe with a bit of Gabriel Dropout and Jashin-chan mixed in.
JeffreySweeney

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 7:20 am Reply with quote
If this will be on Crunchyroll I'll give it a watch. Definitely a solid voice cast. Naomi Oozora and Sumire Uesaka was enough to sell me on that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1