• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tokyo Revengers Manga Has Over 25 Million Copies in Circulation

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:41 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Kodansha sales department's Takuya Watanabe stated that what supported the doubled circulation numbers was increased female readership, which he stated was due to the popularity of the handsome characters.

Insert "shippers will ruin the fandom!!!!" here

I haven't gotten around to watching or reading TR yet (though I've been meaning to), but a couple of my friends really like the manga so I'm glad it's doing very well.
Rare286

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:36 am Reply with quote
While I still hope it will come over physically to USA, it is probably a very, very small chance of happening with the "controversy". But I'll continue to support the official digital release while waiting for the physical.
Fall_2020

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:44 am Reply with quote
As an anime only in the "Tokyo Revengers" franchise, I'm glad to see that the manga is doing well. Hopefully this means we get more seasons in the future.
As for the anime, I hope this season's second cour's animation quality gets better as Liden Films has less shows to work on this season than last. It's not bad but there is room for improvement.
I'm planning on reading the manga when this season is over. From what I've read here on Anime News Network, the story is in it's final arc.
Fall_2020

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Interesting to point out. I haven't seen demographic statistics in any of Anime News Network's previous circulation articles. Not just about " Tokyo Revengers".
I guess we are yet to see what the final effect of the mainstream promotion from the live-action movie is going to be as it hasn't premiered yet.
From what I understand from the article the cited rise of interest in the joshikousei demographic is from the reprinted volumes with the live-action actors on the covers. If that's the case, good promo work.
JonDoe

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:03 pm Reply with quote
MagicPolly wrote:
Quote:
Kodansha sales department's Takuya Watanabe stated that what supported the doubled circulation numbers was increased female readership, which he stated was due to the popularity of the handsome characters.

Insert "shippers will ruin the fandom!!!!" here

Have you seen what they've done to the Re Zero and MHA fandoms?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1