• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Satanophany Manga by Deathtopia's Yoshinobu Yamada Enters Final Stage

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heishi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:04 am Reply with quote
Sounds like a pretty cool manga to read!!
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:05 am Reply with quote
Now,let me get this straight. We have a manga floating around somewhere about a disease that turns normal girls into bloodthirsty maniacs and a normal girl ends up in a place with those same people that would make "Dante's Inferno" seem like Club Med. Oh...my...God. This is the type of thing Ted Bundy would read before bedtime. I can't believe something like this even exists,let alone published.
I've seen scenes from this manga before on another site and they're the furthest thing from "cool" as Heishi described. Between this and "Deathopia,"I'm amazed that this Yoshinobu Yamada person isn't in an asylum somewhere. I'm even more amazed that his earlier manga got a digital release in English. Shocked This makes all the current woke garbage from both DC and Marvel seem like better reads. I'd rather read the worst of those two companies than stuff like this. At least with stuff like "America Chavez,"the worst that would happen to me is that I would read something so cringe-inducing that it would make me write a scathing review of them.

I'd probably have the most horrific nightmares of my life if I read something like "Satanophany" and "Deathtopia." That's not something I want. Why would anyone want to read this horrific bunch of nightmare fuel? Or do I really want an answer to that question?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1