• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tesla Note Anime Reveals More Cast, Visual, October Debut

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:42 am Reply with quote
Glad to see that this one is being CG. Makes it an easy dismiss for me.
RockSplash

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Ermat_46 wrote:
Glad to see that this one is being CG. Makes it an easy dismiss for me.

Get over it. Your going to see more and more CGI in anime. Judging something based off if it is CGI is just sad really. Japanese CGI is getting better and better, some fans just cringe at the thought if it. Meanwhile another poorly animated Isekai is written, and it is somehow automatically better because it is 2D. I really hope this mindset dies out soon.

{Mod Edit}: I edited your post, watch the snarky and rude comments. ~ Redbeard 101
RockSplash

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Ermat_46 wrote:
Condescending post removed

Oh come on. EX-ARM was outsourced and done as cheaply as possible. Yes, pretend Beastars, Dragon Quest, Lupin the first, land of the lustrous , expelled from paradise and others just don't exist.
pikrodafni

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:36 pm Reply with quote
RockSplash wrote:

Oh come on. EX-ARM was outsourced and done as cheaply as possible. Yes, pretend Beastars, Dragon Quest, Lupin the first, land of the lustrous , expelled from paradise and others just don't exist.

You really mean to tell me Tesla Note looks like any of those shows you mentioned and not just barely a step above Ex-Arm?At least this one is honest unlike Ex-Arm whose posters didn't look anything like the end product,I can respect that at least.

Last edited by pikrodafni on Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
RockSplash

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:42 pm Reply with quote
pikrodafni wrote:

You really mean to tell me Tesla Note looks like any of those shows you mentioned and not just barely a step above Ex-Arm?At least this one is honest unlike Ex-Arm whose posters didn't look anything like the main product,I can respect that at least.

To be fair, I never said it would be good. I am just saying don't immediately assume it is bad. Their isn't even a trailer yet. See the trailer. If it looks bad, then it is bad. But judging an anime is bad purely because it is CGI seems ignorant to me.
pikrodafni

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:05 pm Reply with quote
RockSplash wrote:

To be fair, I never said it would be good. I am just saying don't immediately assume it is bad. Their isn't even a trailer yet. See the trailer. If it looks bad, then it is bad. But judging an anime is bad purely because it is CGI seems ignorant to me.

I mean...even without a trailer,the character models don't look the best to say the least
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:50 pm Reply with quote
I hope the actual CG animation looks better than those character models...
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:53 pm Reply with quote
There is a trailer. (Spoilers: It looks crap)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWQkOl83k3g
harminia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:40 pm Reply with quote
LOL yeah I was gonna say... There is a trailer and it looks awful.
I thought they'd actually removed the trailer but seems it's still up.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Yeeeeah I'm not one to hate on things solely because it's CGI, but as soon as I saw the trailer when it was first released I figured this would be Ex-Arm 2.0. It at least looks slightly better, but it's still being made at a no-name studio (which one of their three credits is production assistance on freaking W'z). Though the director actually has experience in anime this time, imagine that.

I don't really have high hopes for it, but maybe a second trailer would fare better.
ZetMoon80

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Was the manga created to promote the upcoming anime? If this is the case, what a letdown, making all the effort in advance for such a crappy work. Just because CGI is cheaper to do, it doesn't worth it and it's not appealing to most audience. The only reason to watch it would be for "morbid curiosity", to see if it is worse than EX-ARM.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1