• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Let's Make a Mug Too

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:31 am Reply with quote
Love that this show is getting some appreciation! I only checked it out at first because Nippon Animation animated it, and I wound up liking it a lot! I had no idea the manga was super long! Hoping it and the anime get licensed to some degree, and am definitely eagerly awaiting season 2!
Kimiko_0

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:00 pm Reply with quote
I'd heard this was nice before, so with this review onto the to-watch list it goes Anime smile

And it won't take too long to get to it. I'm already up to 2020-10. Only ~10-13 anime to go before I get to Mug Cup if keep going in air date order.
Key

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:55 pm Reply with quote
I got 3-4 episodes into this one before I had to ax it due to time constraints, but it is one that I have considered returning to eventually (in much the same way that I did with Laid-Back Camp), though I might skip over the live-action segments. What I did see was palatable and surprisingly involving.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Covnam

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:55 pm Reply with quote
This grew on me as the weeks went on. It was a enjoyable to watch before turning in for the night.
The live action segments were fun too, so I hope those come back as well =)
consignia

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:11 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
though I might skip over the live-action segments.

I'm not saying they are necessary or add anything to the main show, but they akin to a digestif after a nice meal. I think the series would be a lot poorer without them, so would always suggest keeping the live action and main segments together.

Personally, and mentioned in another topic, I really hope the next series keeps the live action sections. Considering how quickly the new series is coming, it must part of the same production block, and hopefully keeping the same format.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1