• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Netflix Lists JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 6: Stone Ocean Anime as Streaming 'Monthly'

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:45 pm Reply with quote
I assume this means we'll get 4-5 episodes a month as they air on tv in Japan? Aside from the intial December premiere that is. Seems like it strikes an ok balance between the binging crowd and the weekly crowd, even if it doesn't fully satify either (and nothing will tbf).
HueyLion

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:34 am Reply with quote
As long as they are not dropped the whole show on Netflix in one single batch, this is ok.
The Not so Chosen One

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:55 am Reply with quote
Well, I think the people bitching on this website's comments last time about Stone Ocean being dumped in just one batch can breathe a sigh of relief, but this release method doesn't make any sense.

I guess they'll still have their "JoJo Fridays" meme thing to discuss the 4 episodes they watch monthly, though.
AceLuffy4Ever

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:27 am Reply with quote
I just want to know if these episodes are going to be dubbed or not
Animechic420

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:54 am Reply with quote
AceLuffy4Ever wrote:

Yes. The episodes will be dubbed.
chronium

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:29 am Reply with quote
AceLuffy4Ever wrote:

It's doubtful. Netflix really only dubs there original anime.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:56 am Reply with quote
This is getting confusing. I wish Netflix would just release anime weekly as it comes out like everyone else, instead of insisting on all these gimmicky release schedules.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:16 am Reply with quote
Monthly batches I think I can live with even if I prefer weekly streaming.
chronium wrote:
AceLuffy4Ever wrote:

I would be very surprised if this isn't dubbed, especially if they're doing batches.
xxmsxx

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:10 am Reply with quote
Wyvern wrote:
This is getting confusing. I wish Netflix would just release anime weekly as it comes out like everyone else, instead of insisting on all these gimmicky release schedules.

I think Netflix has always been bend over trying to shape and force the audience to change their viewing habits to conform to their algorithm / view time retention. They are still pushing for that for anime, but I think over the past few years, the internal data has shown them that despite getting rights to some very interesting and well-known shows, it did not really increase audience engagement and attract more audience.

I am sure Netflix always knew that anime is usually watched week to week. But they just thought their way of doing things are better, so they didn't care about all the complains and locked everything behind bars for random periods of time. Now the data is probably telling them to at least TRY to put some shows out on regular intervals.

Netflix jail will persist. After all, why change for the audience when you can make the audience change for you? And then you don't need to improve your service anyway.
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:58 am Reply with quote
Would've preferred weekly, but I can live with monthly. Also even though it's on Netflix, a lot of the Stand names will probably still have to be renamed, cause I don't think even Netflix is gonna wanna risk any copyright lawsuits.
KoolMB

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:08 am Reply with quote
HueyLion wrote:
As long as they are not dropped the whole show on Netflix in one single batch, this is ok.

This was never going to be the case. Don't know why people keep assuming that lol.
GNPixie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:36 am Reply with quote
Wyvern wrote:

Considering Netflix dubs and subs most of their stuff in multiple languages, I don't see why they should. Things like that take time.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:55 am Reply with quote
KoolMB wrote:
HueyLion wrote:

This was never going to be the case. Don't know why people keep assuming that lol.

Because that's how they distributed every other show (or in 12 episode batches)? Dunno why people keep acting like large batch releases were a huge leap in logic.
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:06 pm Reply with quote
chronium wrote:
AceLuffy4Ever wrote:

it will carry the "Original" seal,so yeah,they will dub it,in multiple languages,in fact
The Not so Chosen One

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:40 pm Reply with quote
MagicPolly wrote:
Because that's how they distributed every other show (or in 12 episode batches)? Dunno why people keep acting like large batch releases were a huge leap in logic.

People here were thinking Netflix was gonna dump 30+ episodes in one batch, no matter how many times other people explained it to them, when Netflix absolutely never have released a batch of more than 13 episodes per season since they started producing their original programming.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2