• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: CLAMP's xxxHOLiC Manga Gets Live-Action Film Next April

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tintor2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Nice to see this but I'm kinda confused. xxxHolic sure is good but the original manga already gave it a definitve ending that contrasted a lot with the... "intersequel" Rei? Same with Cardcaptor which has its sequel despite the definitive ending. I hope at least Tokyo Babylon gets a proper anime next year considering Ohkawa's concern about working the group with the staff (whoever animates it)
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Well, they at least look the part.
Neverwhere

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Kamiki as Watanuki is perfect casting! I'm excited for this Very Happy
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:41 am Reply with quote
Holic is one of my favorite CLAMP manga but I'm surprised by this news as I feel like Holic hasn't been relevant in several years. I also recall there already was a live action adaptation that came out in Japan years back.
Neverwhere

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:23 am Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Holic is one of my favorite CLAMP manga but I'm surprised by this news as I feel like Holic hasn't been relevant in several years. I also recall there already was a live action adaptation that came out in Japan years back.

The drama was...not great and I am actually thrilled they're giving live action another go. There's also the stage show, so I don't think it's fair to say it isn't relevant anymore : )
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:47 pm Reply with quote
I liked the anime back in the day maybe I'll track this down once its released down the road.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:05 am Reply with quote
Neverwhere wrote:

The drama was...not great and I am actually thrilled they're giving live action another go. There's also the stage show, so I don't think it's fair to say it isn't relevant anymore : )
It would be nice if we could get a new anime adaptation as I always enjoyed the characters and I still enjoy the original anime and I own it on DVD. A new Tsubasa anime would be great too. Maybe after Clear Card is over?
R. Kasahara

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:

Maybe it's to tie into the CLAMP 30th Anniversary celebration? It's not on the same level as a movie, but there's new figures and merchandise coming up for RG Veda and Magic Knight Rayearth, and those aren't exactly active franchises, either.
SenpaiDuckie
ANN Community Manager

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:08 am Reply with quote
@tintor2 xxxHolic: Rei is the manga sequel's but not yet finished, sadly. And omg yes, another Tokyo Babylon fan! I think I'd rather have them finish X/1999 manga though since it is tied with that anime.

@Cardcaptor Takato and Neverwhere Same as you guys, it's one of my favorite CLAMP anime. I'm thrilled to have them do another go on the live action! I think it would be nice to have the xxxHolic:Rei come back again after the Clear Card Arc as well. Also, I would like to see more of the "xxxHolic: Rei" Watanuki, as the Dimension Witch (well... okay Dimension Wizard in this case) if ever they have a new Tsubasa manga/anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1