• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These Unveils New Teaser, Yūto Uemura as Müller

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:22 am Reply with quote
Not really a fan of an entire 24 episode season being released as 6 movies, but I'm hyped anyway! I really loved the first two seasons as someone who probably wouldn't watch the original
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:58 am Reply with quote
MagicPolly wrote:
Not really a fan of an entire 24 episode season being released as 6 movies, but I'm hyped anyway! I really loved the first two seasons as someone who probably wouldn't watch the original

It is going to also air on tv.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:22 pm Reply with quote
This is the anime I'm looking forward to the most next year. I'm especially interested in seeing how they handle the inquiry scenes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Fluwm

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:44 pm Reply with quote
MagicPolly wrote:

What's wrong with the original?
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:18 am Reply with quote
I can't wait for the continuation and I hope Funimation will still dub it.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:42 am Reply with quote
Fluwm wrote:
MagicPolly wrote:

What's wrong with the original?

Nothing's wrong with the original objectively, but I find it really hard to follow without a dub (with DNT has) and I'm just personally not a fan of the animation (which again, is entirely subjective and I know a lot of people don't like DNT's designs)
Fluwm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:49 am Reply with quote
What about the animation, specifically? I think some of the sequences hold up extremely well... certainly better than almost anything without a huge feature budget prior to the advent of CGI (and, arguably, even then).

The dub thing? That I get. LOGH could've been huge overseas if it'd been brought over the right way, but it never was. Especially back when the American Anime Boom happened, and episode counts were still a concern for syndication. Shame. Even by the 2010s I think it could've had a pretty big impact had it landed on, say, SyFy with a decent dub.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Fluwm wrote:
What about the animation, specifically? I think some of the sequences hold up extremely well... certainly better than almost anything without a huge feature budget prior to the advent of CGI (and, arguably, even then).

If I'm gonna be 100% honest I'm just not a big fan of older animation in general. I'm sure a lot of the OVA's animation is really good but I just find older anime hard to get into. Yeah it's a shallow and pretty baseless reason but I don't know what else to say lol.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1