• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kei Sazane's Kami wa Game ni Ueteiru Light Novels Have Anime in the Works

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:32 am Reply with quote
Only a year after its first volume and it's already getting animated? That's pretty amazing.
The author has always been good at coming up with interesting ideas.

EDIT: I forgot. It's Kadokawa. It's possible the anime would be another rushed job like Tanmoshi
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:11 am Reply with quote
“The Ultimate game-battles of a boy and the gods” is actually the subtitle, with the main title itself being rendered in English as “God's Game We Play”:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/mSStKM4jzJkrvotx8

Oh and, out of interest, Sazane’s “Sekai no Owari no Encore” is also still running in Comic Alive. (Edit: as is Naze Boku no Sekai etc now I think of it, so that makes at least three of this stories with simultaneous adaptations in the same magazine which is impressive)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:54 am Reply with quote
BlueAlf wrote:
Only a year after its first volume and it's already getting animated? That's pretty amazing.
The author has always been good at coming up with interesting ideas.

EDIT: I forgot. It's Kadokawa. It's possible the anime would be another rushed job like Tanmoshi

An even-quicker turn-around time: "Full Dive" had its first vol. released in Aug. 2020 and the anime premiered in April 2021.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Studio Engi here we come...

I enjoyed Our Last Crusade, so I'm curious how this turns out.
tsog

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:

An even-quicker turn-around time: "Full Dive" had its first vol. released in Aug. 2020 and the anime premiered in April 2021.

Anime must've been in production before first volume was released then. Makes it look like LN and anime were decided at the same time.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:13 pm Reply with quote
I've been curious about Our Last Crusade or the Rise of a New World for a while now maybe I'll finally check the first episode out this year. This God's Game We play could prove to be interesting time will tell.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1