• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[done] SPLIT and NAME CHANGE

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sarcataclysmal

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Osamu Honma (ID 31140) currently consists of two different people.

Osamu Honma is the older production manager from Toei Animation (credited for production advancement, art advancement, etc.)

Shuu Honma is the animator formerly from Sunshine Corporation who is now a director (of Ya Boy Kongming!). He confirmed his name was Shuu personally (https://imgur.com/a/Us7ehlZ)

They both have the same Kanji, but the readings are different
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:22 pm Reply with quote
This should be mostly correctly split now, though I'm not sure about the Licensed by Royal credit. It could be a third person with the same kanji name.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Double-checking it's "Shuu" and not "Osamu" with official sources (we recently interviewed him).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:50 pm Reply with quote
ANN_Lynzee wrote:
Double-checking it's "Shuu" and not "Osamu" with official sources (we recently interviewed him).

I was wondering about the interview, and appreciate the double check on this. I had gone ahead with this since it looks like the reading came from the man himself (if that is him on his Twitter account). I had checked the official English credits of Sakura Quest also, and he is "Shu Honma" there. High School DxD has him as "Osamu", though that was earlier in his career and so the actual reading might not have been as known.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:42 pm Reply with quote
So he prefers "Shu Homma" actually even though Honma is technically correct. I have to change the interview to his preference.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sarcataclysmal

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:57 am Reply with quote
ANN_Lynzee wrote:
So he prefers "Shu Homma" actually even though Honma is technically correct. I have to change the interview to his preference.

Interesting
Thanks for fixing this and confirming
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1