• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: One-Punch Man Anime Gets 3rd Season

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3ngag3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:55 pm Reply with quote
I won't envy the studio that gets this and has to animate the last few chapters of the manga, because YEESH!
Admiral Pizzaman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:56 pm Reply with quote
That's great news! I wonder which studio will animate the 3rd season? From the looks of it, it doesn't seem to be JC Staff.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:56 pm Reply with quote
If this season isn't done by Madhouse, I won't riot, but a lot of people will.
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:57 pm Reply with quote
Always happy to see Kubota get more work. Met him years ago at a convention and he is one of the more talented artists that I have met.
Kenfra

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:57 pm Reply with quote
Oh god, please don't let Viz media license this again. With how they've sold away Bleach to Disney, there's no doubt they'll do the same with this.
RockSplash

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Kenfra wrote:
Oh god, please don't let Viz media license this again. With how they've sold away Bleach to Disney, there's no doubt they'll do the same with this.

News flash: Disney+ already airs a bunch of anime. It's only in Japan. People are losing it over this, but I seriously doubt Disney+ will air bleach in the USA(the demographics don't even remotely align). It'll be on Netflix or CR most likely. I am leaning more toward Netflix due to JYB now mostly taking those roles.
Cryten

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:15 pm Reply with quote
Damit they are gonna do pointless new story for Garou now. Such a waste of a story abandoned.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Do we live in a merciful enough universe to get Shingo Natsume & co. back?
Numberseal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:30 pm Reply with quote
This is gonna be the most boring season of OPM, since the amount of fights there is gonna be in season 3, is ki9nda small, and Saitama ain't gonna have a big fight at all. But if they skip most of the story and fights from the manga, it's not gonna make any sense since most of the fights, thats gonna be in S3, is not all that interresting.
wjbraden

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:01 am Reply with quote
Kenfra wrote:

So far there's been no official word on Disney+ having sublicensed the simulcast rights from Viz, and it's more than likely just a rumor (the "leakers" who "reported" that on social media likely misunderstood that it will probably be streaming on Disney+ in Japan, which is nothing out of the ordinary as they have tons of other titles on there like My Hero Academia).

So it and One Punch Man 3 will probably be business as usual with simulcasts on Crunchyroll and the dubs premiering on Adult Swim and/or Crunchy at some point.
The Not so Chosen One

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:06 am Reply with quote
I hated the last season so much, that I didn't bother finishing it because of how terrible the animation was.

If Madhouse isn't doing this season (or at the least a much better studio tha JC Staff), I don't see myself caring about another season of this show.

Admiral Pizzaman wrote:
I wonder which studio will animate the 3rd season? From the looks of it, it doesn't seem to be JC Staff.

I wouldn't put that much stock in this visual. Season 2's visual looked as good as this and we ended up with a dogshit second season.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:19 am Reply with quote
I mean, naturally MAPPA will be handling season three since they're currently animating everything else ever.

As amazing as season one was I won't be too bothered if Madhouse doesn't animate three as long as whoever animates it does a better showing than two was. My understanding is that season 2 was a story created for the serialized manga and wasn't in the webcomic - is this season back to webcomic canon, in theory?
Hal14

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:04 am Reply with quote
Hagaren Viper wrote:
I mean, naturally MAPPA will be handling season three since they're currently animating everything else ever.

As amazing as season one was I won't be too bothered if Madhouse doesn't animate three as long as whoever animates it does a better showing than two was. My understanding is that season 2 was a story created for the serialized manga and wasn't in the webcomic - is this season back to webcomic canon, in theory?

The manga is canon and even if it weren't that isn't why s2 was as bad as it was
Matros

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:39 am Reply with quote
Are people forgetting in what state modern Madhouse is? Natsume's projects were the only stand out ones and his current project is at another studio anyway.
Alphonae

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:13 am Reply with quote
Matros wrote:
Are people forgetting in what state modern Madhouse is? Natsume's projects were the only stand out ones and his current project is at another studio anyway.

Exactly. Madhouse would be worth it, only if Natsume and his book of friends make a comeback.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5