• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Horimiya -piece- Anime Premieres in July

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amiantos

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:22 am Reply with quote
I'm honestly conflicted about this. Finally they're going to add more to the anime which was bare bones as can be. Other hand, why not have this in there in the first place? The anime had its merits in terms of visuals but dear god it left a bitter taste in my mouth with how much was cut out.
TheSleepyMonkey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:34 am Reply with quote
Guessing this is another case of Aniplex' crappy planning. Probably just wanted to make an anime for a quick buck, hence why it was so rushed. And now after the backlash, they wanted to try again.
Nachtwandler

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:52 am Reply with quote
I amay be in minority here, but the anime was not rushed fior me. Also, like half of the manga plot were unnecessary as anythig besides the main pair relations looked inferior in comparison. They could have re-arrenge the chaptesr better previous season but I think this one willl look just like a bunch of fillers.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:03 am Reply with quote
Nachtwandler wrote:
I amay be in minority here, but the anime was not rushed fior me. Also, like half of the manga plot were unnecessary as anythig besides the main pair relations looked inferior in comparison. They could have re-arrenge the chaptesr better previous season but I think this one willl look just like a bunch of fillers.

The thing is that all those fillers made up the relationships between friends, the other couples and some further development for the main couple. You are right in that it can be called unnecessary but it was also a large part of the overall vibe of the show and why many people liked it.
TokimekiCrisis

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:47 am Reply with quote
smurky turkey wrote:
The thing is that all those fillers made up the relationships between friends, the other couples and some further development for the main couple. You are right in that it can be called unnecessary but it was also a large part of the overall vibe of the show and why many people liked it.

I dislike the filler word being used in romcom/comedy shows for precisely this reason. Character interaction and getting to know them is important for this genre.
Amiantos

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:52 am Reply with quote
Nachtwandler wrote:

All those side stories with their friends actually made the development of the them more believable so no its not filler, on top of making their friends be actual friends instead of cardboard cutouts.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:09 am Reply with quote
From what I'm gathering, sounds a little unfortunate that they aren't pulling a Haruhi Suzumiya and airing seasons 1 and 2 together 'in order' rather than airing 1 and then 2 right after. And there's no Endless Eight to deal with!
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:36 am Reply with quote
I'm down for more Horimiya though it's just really weird that they speedran through the first anime and have to basically go back and adapt all the material they skipped over.

I assume they'll be focusing on a lot of the cut HorixMiyamura content since they threw in a lot of the side-character and side-ship stuff in the second half (to the anime's detriment like with the manga). I think Sports Day was probably one of the bigger events they skipped in the anime.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:22 pm Reply with quote
This is actually really cool, I wish more anime that skipped a lot of content would do this.

Is there hope for Promised Neverland?
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:00 pm Reply with quote
As an anime only watcher I was satisfied with the first anime. I might watch this new show.
harminia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Only watched an ep or so of the anime but did hear it skipped a bit. I think this isn't a bad way to handle it. pretty nice idea really. Either this or just never seeing certain stuff animated I suppose.
ChrissyC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:37 pm Reply with quote
This was a fun show, but I'm not too interested in the characters outside the main two.
Joker#941490

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:42 pm Reply with quote
TheSleepyMonkey wrote:
Guessing this is another case of Aniplex' crappy planning. Probably just wanted to make an anime for a quick buck, hence why it was so rushed. And now after the backlash, they wanted to try again.

or it was profitable much so they considered doing it
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1