• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: BLUELOCK Anime Gets 2nd Series, Film With 6 More Cast Members

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheSleepyMonkey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully, it ends up having a way better schedule so that it doesn't end up looking the entire second cour looked.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Ah, so like Spy x Family.

Well, bring it on, the more the merrier.
Mushrinku

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:29 pm Reply with quote
TheSleepyMonkey wrote:
Hopefully, it ends up having a way better schedule so that it doesn't end up looking the entire second cour looked.

couldn't tell a difference between the second and first cour. both looked equally as bad.
TheSleepyMonkey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Mushrinku wrote:
TheSleepyMonkey wrote:

couldn't tell a difference between the second and first cour. both looked equally as bad.

First cour had instances of good animation here and there. Second cour was just stills galore.
Mushrinku

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:31 pm Reply with quote
TheSleepyMonkey wrote:
Mushrinku wrote:
TheSleepyMonkey wrote:

First cour had instances of good animation here and there. Second cour was just stills galore.

the difference you're talking about is so minute that it's practically irrelevant.
this whole anime is 80% slideshow still pictures, 15% cheap cgi. and 5% animation.
that good instance you're talking about in the first cour was basically a 5 seconds long animation of isagi's first direct shot.
so we did not lose much between the first and second cour.
TheSleepyMonkey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Mushrinku wrote:
TheSleepyMonkey wrote:
Mushrinku wrote:
TheSleepyMonkey wrote:

the difference you're talking about is so minute that it's practically irrelevant.
this whole anime is 80% slideshow still pictures, 15% cheap cgi. and 5% animation.
that good instance you're talking about in the first cour was basically a 5 seconds long animation of isagi's first direct shot.

Isagi's direct shot is the biggest highlight, but it sure as hell is not the ONLY instance, at all. You have Gagamaru' goal, Kunigami's shot, that shot in the first episode of Bachira kicking that one guy, there's plenty.

Also, you're not a kid. Write everything with caps lock properly.
Mushrinku

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:00 pm Reply with quote
TheSleepyMonkey wrote:
Mushrinku wrote:
TheSleepyMonkey wrote:
Mushrinku wrote:
TheSleepyMonkey wrote:

Isagi's direct shot is the biggest highlight, but it sure as hell is not the ONLY instance, at all. You have Gagamaru' goal, Kunigami's shot, that shot in the first episode of Bachira kicking that one guy, there's plenty.

Also, you're not a kid. Write everything with caps lock properly.

again, those instances you're talking about are tiny and not even that impressive.
and please find something better to do with your life than being a petty grammar cop to people you don't know on the internet.
Sekaro

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:52 am Reply with quote
I don't understand the hate on Blue Lock... The animation isn't nearly as bad as people are making it out to be. It's not perfect sure but I've definitely seen stuff way worse than this.
SHD

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:22 am Reply with quote
Sekaro wrote:
I don't understand the hate on Blue Lock... The animation isn't nearly as bad as people are making it out to be. It's not perfect sure but I've definitely seen stuff way worse than this.

Same here. Sure, it wasn't the most amazingly animated thing ever, but it was perfectly serviceable, and at least the characters looked fine most of the time.

Anyway, I'm glad that there's more of this, although I'm a bit worried because clearly the story is reaching the point of tournament manga where suddenly a dozen new characters are introduced, who are all weirdos, and who usually end up dragging everything down and take up space, pushing out the characters I grew to like in the first part. I suppose Nakamura Yuuichi's character is going to be the main boss this time, and obviously Kunigami is not going anywhere... but I really hope we won't get to spend too much time on the rest of them.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:09 pm Reply with quote
SHD wrote:

Anyway, I'm glad that there's more of this, although I'm a bit worried because clearly the story is reaching the point of tournament manga where suddenly a dozen new characters are introduced, who are all weirdos, and who usually end up dragging everything down and take up space, pushing out the characters I grew to like in the first part. I suppose Nakamura Yuuichi's character is going to be the main boss this time, and obviously Kunigami is not going anywhere... but I really hope we won't get to spend too much time on the rest of them.

To be fair, most of the characters are already weirdos. Razz

For what it's worth, I wouldn't say most of the characters coming up are that bad at all, but some of the old cast absolutely will get less screentime.
Mushrinku

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:19 pm Reply with quote
SHD wrote:
Sekaro wrote:

Same here. Sure, it wasn't the most amazingly animated thing ever, but it was perfectly serviceable, and at least the characters looked fine most of the time.

don't worry about that. majority of the characters that were introduced in the last episode will not see the light of day again. only a small bunch of them will get relevant screen time.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1