• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Renewing my Funimation Subscription

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gemnist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:12 am Reply with quote
I was trying to renew my Funimation subscription so I could watch shows that haven’t been transferred to Crunchyroll before the Funimation app is discontinued. However, I soon ran into a multitude of problems.
* I put my credit card into the account, but it still says I need to have a subscription.
* When I tried clicking on paying a subscription, it redirected me to Crunchyroll's same page.
* I then got a subscription on Crunchyroll and merged the two, but it is says on Funimation that I need to subscribe.

Is there something wrong I am doing? I tried to reach out to Funimation support on this, only to get an automated message saying that Funimation is becoming Crunchyroll and to just get Crunchyroll, which ironically I have already done.

Has anyone else been going through the exact same problem? How can I watch content on Funimation with a new subscription?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:36 am Reply with quote
I'm just speculating here but given that Sony plans to phase out the Funi site entirely by April 2, the system probably isn't allowing new subs. Again, I have no definite knowledge of this, just guessing.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:11 am Reply with quote
They probably discontinued new or renewed subscriptions as soon as they picked a date. It is typical of Funimation that they don't just come out and say that. None of these companies are good at communication.

The bottom line is that you are likely ____ out of luck.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:59 am Reply with quote
Now, be fair, Alan45. Considering it is enshrined in the US constitution that any anime distribution or anime-affiliated enterprise operating in the USA must obey the Japanese model of insane secrecy and never giving out any information, no matter how benign, it's hardly their fault that they are totally useless at effective and useful communication.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1