• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Good Gundam F91 subbed DVD out there?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guilhem

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Everything's into the title of the thread Cool

Please, no bootleg, fansub or HK as I already found several ones. Only the URL of a honnest online store which accepts to ship outside USA (precisely Europe, France)

Thanks in advance for any infos and hello to everyone while I'm at it: I'm the latest 'new baby' on the board and english is not my first language (this one's for the mods but I bet they already guessed this in reading the previous paragraph... Razz )
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Nothing yet. Bandai announced it for a domestic release last July along with a Cartoon Network broadcast. Unfortunatly that's the last we've heard of it. Don't be too surprised if it shows up dubbed as a Toonami movie by the end of the year and then a sub/dub DVD release following it.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Don't be too surprised if it shows up dubbed as a Toonami movie by the end of the year and then a sub/dub DVD release following it.

I'd lean more towards Adult Swim, actually. The unwritten precedent that got established after Adult Swim was created has any Universal Century Gundam titles heading to AS, while the alternative timelines stay with Toonami. F-91's a UC movie set between Char's Counterattack & Victory Gundam.

Unfortunately, I don't really know anything about releases in Europe, but I do know the R1 release should be around fall or winter of this year (if I remember correctly).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Guilhem

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:33 am Reply with quote
Many thanks to both of you, muchly appreciated Cool

I also heard that the full Z serie will begin to be released on DVDs in its entirety around september, as well as a retelling of it as a 3-part movie like it was the case with the original serie... Am I dreaming or is this true?
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:44 am Reply with quote
Uhg, just forget this post, my cold medicine is making read things wrong... Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop

Emerje

Last edited by Emerje on Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Guilhem wrote:
I also heard that the full Z serie will begin to be released on DVDs in its entirety around september, as well as a retelling of it as a 3-part movie like it was the case with the original serie... Am I dreaming or is this true?

Yes, the TV series is going to be released in box set form in R1 at some point this autumn.

At the same time, Studio Sunrise in Japan is producing a three-part compilation movie for Zeta Gundam (just like they did for the original series) that will include original footage and a good bit of new animation, as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Guilhem

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:50 pm Reply with quote
That's great!!! Let's hope the box set of the original Z serie will propose all uncut episodes now... Wink

Thanks again Cool
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1