• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ichigo 100%'s Kawashita Ends Anedoki— Manga This Month

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darksharingan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:31 pm Reply with quote
For real?! Man, that was a crappy ending! The series is not even long enough to make a 24 episode anime adaptation.
TC-man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Wow, now it's official. What a shame since I like the manga. Well, as for an anime adaptation, there may be not an adaptation if this manga got such a poor reception. But Hatsukoi Limited also has to end early, but did get an anime adaptation, so nothing is impossible.
Armless Penguin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:50 pm Reply with quote
First of all, Kawashita Mizuki is female. Secondly, the series was canceled.
Ranma824

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:18 pm Reply with quote
Armless Penguin wrote:
First of all, Kawashita Mizuki is female. Secondly, the series was canceled.

Love her work, so this news is upsetting. Was it canceled due to poor sales and/or bad reception?

As for an anime adaptation, I hope one gets made. I was fine with the way Hatsukoi Limited was made. Of course I want more, but I was satisfied with what was produced.
crh1985

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:37 pm Reply with quote
me and all my friends live this series, but we will live, (i hope) but we we might see a 12 or 13 episode anime adaptation.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:48 pm Reply with quote
This is really odd. It seems that Kawashita's manga always seem to end short and have a very inconclusive/abrupt ending. As listed in the article, Hatsukoi Limited and Ichigo 100% have already received similar treatment. Both started out as very strong romance titles, but always resulted in abrupt conclusions, almost like an intended cliffhanger for readers to conclude the story themselves. I'm really disappointed to see another one of her manga's receive the same treatment.
LeanGreen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:53 pm Reply with quote
This is surprising. I was not really a fan of the manga, but it's strange to see it go so soon, especially seeing as one of its competitors (as a fanservice manga), To-Love-Ru, just recently ended also. Are there any other primarily-ecchi manga running in Shonen Jump at this time? I've heard that this was popular among overseas fans, too.
ryanvamp

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:05 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't know about the manga (maybe someone can enlight me on this one), but the Hatsukoi Limited anime didn't seem to end abruptly story-wise...in fact, I think the flow of the story was really good considering its simplicity and the fact that a lot of these kind of series have the tendency of drag-on with the known-consequences of filler episodes and inconsistent animation.

However, I did read (and hated) the Ichigo 100% manga (mainly because of the fact that this one did drag on a lot and ended rather poorly) and I wasn't interested in reading Anedoki.

I wonder if this author will continue to release her works in Shonen Jump....
fireaxe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:43 pm Reply with quote
ryanvamp wrote:
I wouldn't know about the manga (maybe someone can enlight me on this one), but the Hatsukoi Limited anime didn't seem to end abruptly story-wise...in fact, I think the flow of the story was really good considering its simplicity and the fact that a lot of these kind of series have the tendency of drag-on with the known-consequences of filler episodes and inconsistent animation.

The 13th episode is pretty much exactly like the manga's final chapter, which is a very good thing if you ask me. I was shocked when I first heard the news of the manga's cancellation, but I loved the way she ended HL.

I haven't read Anedoki yet, it sounded a little too To Love-Ru-esque for my liking, but this can't be good news for Kawashita. Still, I'm already looking forward to her next project.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
boznia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Ranma824 wrote:
Love her work, so this news is upsetting. Was it canceled due to poor sales and/or bad reception?

Anedoki was usually near the bottom of the Shonen Jump reader's poll, often dead last. That usually leads to cancellation. It's a tough magazine.

I don't think Anedoki ended badly, considering the circumstances.
Cloud668

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Damn, here I was hoping it would last longer than Hatsukoi Limited. Hope to see it adapted.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:14 am Reply with quote
Wait, Strawberry 100% was canned as well?? Shocked I thought that it ended naturally. (Hatsukoi I knew was a canceled title.)

I had actually forgotten that she was drawing something new. Embarassed I'm a huge fan of Strawberry 100%, so I'll likely check it out at some point.
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:22 am Reply with quote
Buster Blader 126 wrote:
Wait, Strawberry 100% was canned as well?? Shocked I thought that it ended naturally. (Hatsukoi I knew was a canceled title.)
I believe the poster was talking about the anime, not the manga.
Wooga

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:00 am Reply with quote
Maybe she should try something different for a change...this news should open her eyes that there are many romantic comedies out there, you have to stand out somehow.
Ranma824

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:30 am Reply with quote
Wooga wrote:
Maybe she should try something different for a change...this news should open her eyes that there are many romantic comedies out there, you have to stand out somehow.

Maybe the "different" part is she shouldn't rely on Shonen Jump anymore to get her work out to the public.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2