• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[done] Split/cleanup required for Atsushi SEKIGUCHI (#22991)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Atsushi SEKIGUCHI (関口 淳 but even the source string says: "For the animator. The voice actor is 篤") is probably 4 people:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
関口 篤 = せきぐち あつし = SEKIGUCHI Atsushi (voice actor) (1938-06-21, Wikipedia page, website)
関口 篤 (2005) Mushi-Shi (TV) as Village men (ep 6) (source: "credits" but mentioned on his Wikipedia page)
This is his only role in an anime, he's a TV drama actor first and foremost. He needs to be split off.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
関口 淳 = せきぐち じゅん = SEKIGUCHI Jun (関口 淳; >20 ANN persons with many "Jun" and a number of "Atsushi")
関口 淳 (1994) Final Fantasy: Legend of the Crystals (OAV) : Key Animation (no source; better: zeev)
関口 淳 (2002) (The) Cat Returns (movie) : Key Animation (source: "credits", better: JMDB)
関口 淳 (2006) (The) Girl Who Leapt Through Time (movie) : Key Animation (source: "credits"; better: livedoor wiki)
関口 淳 (2006) Kemonozume (TV) : Key Animation (ep 11) (source: "credits", better: livedoor wiki)
So the kanji for the current Atsushi SEKIGUCHI may belong to a different person to begin with, and these credits would then be errors. With the Jun vs. Atsushi business being rather tricky I didn't flag anything yet, I rather wait for an encyclopedists "okay" to proceed any further. It was me who set the kanji name for Jun based on a livedoor wiki source for the most recent credit (Aoi Bungaku, 2009) but I didn't do a full split check for Jun yet (albeit he's a split candidate as well given the "Script" entry amongst all the animator tasks).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
関口 敦 = SEKIGUCHI Atsushi (animator) (20 EDICT readings, 17 敦 persons in ANN, all are "Atsushi" except for one Tsutomu)
関口 敦 (2006) Bokura ga Ita (TV) : Key Animation (source: http://www.bokuragaita.com/, unusable; better: livedoor wiki)
関口 敦 (2007) ToHeart2 (OAV) : Key Animation (ep 3) (zeev)
That's the guy I was trying to contribute to; he should inherit this person entry with the corresponding kanji name.
関口 享 = SEKIGUCHI ??? (11 EDICT readings including "Atsushi" but not "Jun", ANN has no 享 person yet)
関口 享 (2005) Black Cat (TV) : In-Between Animation (source: http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/blackcat/02staffcast.html, unusable; better: D2_STATION)
Yet another (low-level) animator but no idea where this credit actually belongs to. They did participate in one other anime (D2_STATION). If this one were the reason to prevent a full split I'd say put him to the 関口 敦 animator for the time being.

I would like to make these better sources available where they belong to (as each of them would enable a fan of the anime in question to double-check the already existing credits and supply the missing kanji names of other persons). Are endorsements for the individual credit entries the way to do this?
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 2:43 am Reply with quote
the actor is now at
person#89397

I'm not sure if that constitutes "done" for this case.

Devil Doll wrote:
I would like to make these better sources available where they belong to (as each of them would enable a fan of the anime in question to double-check the already existing credits and supply the missing kanji names of other persons). Are endorsements for the individual credit entries the way to do this?

yes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Kanji name, picture, website etc. added for actor.

- - - - - - - - - -

The next step would be to move the four credits for 関口 淳 to Jun SEKIGUCHI. Can this be done automatically or does it require flagging the wrong and adding the correct credits so that the wrong credits can then be hidden the usual way?

This would then leave the remaining three animator credits at the current Atsushi SEKIGUCHI whose kanji given name could then be hidden so that he could get the new given name of either 関口 敦 or 関口 享.
These two both being animators and both apparently being named "Atsushi" would still cause a problem that could only be solved by splitting them, and I'm not sure the small number of credits does rule out one of them being a typo. But it would at least enable this person to have the kanji name of some of his credits whereas he currently has the kanji name of another person not even named "Atsushi".
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Atsushi -> Jun is a case of flagging&removing incorrect credits for Atsushi + adding correct credits for Jun. Same thing for kanji name.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 10:47 am Reply with quote
Dan42 wrote:
Atsushi -> Jun is a case of flagging&removing incorrect credits for Atsushi + adding correct credits for Jun.
Four credits for 関口 淳 transferred to Jun (flagged & added), these can now be hidden.

Dan42 wrote:
Same thing for kanji name.
Atsushi currently owns the kanji name 関口 淳 that belongs to Jun but the remaining animator credits (after hiding the four mentioned above) belong to the Atsushi with 関口 敦 or 関口 享. So in any case the kanji name of the remaining Atsushi would have to be overwritten.

"関口敦" has 7 hits in livedoor wiki, 関口享 has 1 hit in livedoor wiki. So 関口敦 would be the more "attractive" new kanji name for Atsushi in terms of auto-translating additional credits from there.

I flagged the given name of Atsushi with this thread as source.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:39 pm Reply with quote
flagged info hidden
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:13 pm Reply with quote
kanji name for animator added, "done" confirmed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1