• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[todo] Cleanup: Dash! Yonkuro (TV)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Dash! Yonkuro (TV) is another anime where most persons to be credited are created in wrong name order (this time even including many seiyuu). Again the source URL is an English Wikipedia page (whose current version doesn't even contain the name it refers to...).

I just stumbled over Ishimaru KENITI who's an obvious duplicate of Kenichi ISHIMARU 石丸 賢一. I flagged & added this one person (whose only credit can be hidden now) but didn't take the time to completely re-contribute the whole anime. (Any volunteers? The Japanese Wikipedia page with the kanji credits is here.)
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Done some cleaning up on the Wikipedia article and made a start. Haven't got very far yet tonight and I don't think I'll get much further since I'm not all that well. Also going to be prepping for an important (i.e. a job I really want to get) interview tomorrow and going to an interview on Thursday so don't know how much more I'm going to get done in the short term.
P.S. - could you remove the information you added for Saurus Tokuda, it should have been Zaurus.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:07 pm Reply with quote
kanji names for Saurus TOKUDA deleted.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

All staff for Dash! Yonkuro (TV) from Japanese Wikipedia added;
29 old entries flagged as errors. (Each person to be credited did already exist in the ANN database, so we got 29 unnecessary duplicates, including company "produce 81".)
アウベック = "Auvek" = "Aubekku" might be Aubec.
A few kanji names set in the process.

As for the cast part, I rather stay away from this one as the romanizations of the role names could be wrong as well and I don't know the anime.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:42 pm Reply with quote
DD: Thanks very much, I'll get onto it once I'm caught up on news etc. I coincidentally saw Aubec in some English credits yesterday and thought that might be what it was supposed to be.

--edit--

Actually, just remembered that Dan made a request of the user in question to correct the problem themselves. I'll give them a chance to do so first.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1