• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - Sayonara, Krauser-sensei

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArthurFrDent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:40 pm Reply with quote
"Not that I expect her to perform the Leekspin, but ... that WOULD make my day if she did."

hey, as long as Rin shows up with her roller to flatten everything, even I could say it made my day...

Please to make a report for those of us who can't be there... Wink
kyokun703

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Hm, I had decided to quit DMC after the very disappointing 5th volume, but maybe I should rethink that. I'll see how it pans out first though.
steev-sama

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:41 pm Reply with quote
MxO isn't a master piece, but it was a series that got cut short even though it was a great series. Worth reading for anyone who is a fan of good shounen series. The main character is a riot and he always is great to read.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
SoloButterfly

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:37 pm Reply with quote
I think the reader's choice author had some interesting suggestions. I think putting Azumanga Daioh in a magazine directed at say maybe teen girls, 20-somethings, or housewives in the American comic strip format could increase readership. However, I don't think that the format needs to be altered. Sometimes it's the sheer novelty of something different that will attract attention of new fans. I also think "hardcore" fans would be turned off by the change, and as those are generally the people who are most likely to buy niche things (and buy those niche things over and over again) it would be a mistake to lose that part of your target audience. But I definitely would like to see either 4-komas or even just chapters of manga in related publications. Perhaps a sport manga in Men's Health? Chi's Sweet Home in Cat Fancier? If the rights can be obtained, and the right people can be convinced, it would open up anime and manga to whole new sets of people.
jenthehen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:35 am Reply with quote
I love Chibi Vampire (Karin) so much ... I have bought and will continue to buy everything that is published as part of that franchise. She never fails to entertain!
CaptainAvatar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:37 am Reply with quote
I thought Airmail was a bit disappointing, primarily because I so adored the manga series and was hoping for more of the series characters. I was rather surprised just how much was new/unrelated characters/stories. I didn't feel ripped off, but I was hoping for more of what I loved so much from the manga run.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:41 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The seemingly unrelated events, the nameless side characters subtly working their way into the plot, the snatches of back-story told through an outsider's eyes—it's like Naoki Urasawa-style storytelling, as done by that scary kid in the back of your class who wears spiked jewelry and all black.

Yeah, I'm glad it rebounded. Though, for me, the writing was more reminiscent of Mike Judge.
stevek504

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Carlo, thank you for all your efforts and reviews. I always enjoy reading your column.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1