• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Can size and color buttons be added?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:31 pm Reply with quote
I'm wondering if size and color buttons that make the [size=][/size] and [color=][/color] tags can be added to the posting box? Or at least have an extra window like the emoticons have. While it's a request on my part to make me lazier, it does get tedious having to manually insert those tags whenever I want to use them, especially since I usually use them with either the underline or bold tags, which have their own buttons.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Those were removed on purpose in order to discourage people overusing them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:54 pm Reply with quote
That stinks. Does that mean there's absolutely no chance of re-adding them even though it's four years later with several mods constantly patrolling the place to help keep there usage in check? Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:57 pm Reply with quote
If your point is so important and cannot be appropriately expressed without using different sizes and colors, why don't you spend a few more key strokes to add them manually?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:07 pm Reply with quote
I don't use them to get points across, I use those tags mostly for headers and what not (example). Also, when the 12 days of Anime by Rightstuf rolls around, I like to jumble up the colors for the Christmas spirit (example 2). It's for stuff like this I'd see them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1