• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Media Blasters Partners with Distributor Allegro Media

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:26 pm Reply with quote
So.. What does this mean? Whats going on? Media Blasters are getting better DVD's?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully it means the delays we have been seeing so much of lately will start to lessen.
GrilledEelHamatsu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Its good to finally see Media Blasters get into the partnership game.

JS, if you are reading this message: Please consider looking to lease an office suite somewhere along the New Jersey turnpike. You really should move operations away from NYC at least an hour away.
triangle_man

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Maybe now Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei will finally get a release date Wink
Kalessin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Supposedly, their recent delays have been primarily due to having to move all of their inventory in preparation for this. As I understand it, the change is supposed to be pretty much seamless for customers, but the delays of late prove that they didn't manage that. However, once that's all sorted out, who exactly is distributing probably won't matter to us much. Folks like right stuf or the anime corner store may care, but unless the change in distributor results in them permanently having distribution problems, in the long run, it probably will be seamless to the end customer.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:07 am Reply with quote
Hopefully, this means I can finally get volume 3 of Ikki Tousen: Dragon Destiny. Although what it probably means, first and foremost, is that it will be delayed AGAIN until December-something or beyond when the deal takes effect. Anime cry
The Count

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:15 am Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Hopefully, this means I can finally get volume 3 of Ikki Tousen: Dragon Destiny. Although what it probably means, first and foremost, is that it will be delayed AGAIN until December-something or beyond when the deal takes effect. Anime cry
Most online retailer list that it's in stock. But the complete set got pushed back to March 2011.

Now I'm just waiting for the Genshiken DX set. I already have season 1, but I'm buying the DX set just for the frickin OVA's.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:34 am Reply with quote
The Count wrote:

Now I'm just waiting for the Genshiken DX set. I already have season 1, but I'm buying the DX set just for the frickin OVA's.

That's pretty much why I bought the Kujibiki Unbalanced DVDs. That particular show was pretty bad, but I wanted the Genshiken OVAs.

I'll also echo the sentiment for hopefully this'll finally bring out the Zetsubou DVDs.
The Naked Beast

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:56 am Reply with quote
triangle_man wrote:
Maybe now Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei will finally get a release date Wink

You could not have said it any better. Here's to seeing a SZS release date announcement soon ... hopefully.
GuyverC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:16 am Reply with quote
Other than hopfully helping with the delays... I still pray that they will license GaoGaiGar FINAL for region 1 release... But that is always looking less and less viable as time goes on...
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Maybe they will get the ova of Ah! My Goddess fighting wing and the new one coming up
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1