• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kyoto Animation's Munto Television Ad Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hara

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Doesn't look like they modified that old fashioned style from the OVA so that it would be compatible with the style from the promo image.
Case

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Munto TV huh? Cool. Incentive for me to move the OAVs up in my queue!
edzieba

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:53 pm Reply with quote
hara wrote:
Doesn't look like they modified that old fashioned style from the OVA so that it would be compatible with the style from the promo image.
That explains much. I was wondering why the effects looked great whereas the characters look like something from the dawn of the low-budget-digipaint era.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:42 pm Reply with quote
So it's not me, the style is older. Good, was wondering if that was just the low quality or not.
Just a question, does anyone know if I have to watch the old OVAs to get the plotline of the new series?
Ari-chan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:19 pm Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:
So it's not me, the style is older. Good, was wondering if that was just the low quality or not.
Just a question, does anyone know if I have to watch the old OVAs to get the plotline of the new series?

From what I understood it seems like they are going to adapt the OAV for the TV series as well. So maybe not. We wont really know until the series premiers.
domino

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Wait, KyoAni canned Tonari no 801chan to remake an OVA that, if reviews are right, wasn't any good to begin with? Boooo.
kitsunexfox

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Deleted

Last edited by kitsunexfox on Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Westlo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:44 am Reply with quote
Munto 1 to Munto 2 showed a massive amount of improvement by KyoAni, (especially in animation, cg was horrendous in munto 1) but they were still only good at best and well it had no real stopping point. A tv series with KyoAni's talents today should be quite a watch and now they have the time to give the story a chance to shine.

Should be some very nice action scenes throughout this as well before the omg it's moe brigade chimes in...
Zipper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Seems alright. I would rather see this than yet another otaku-pandering series or generic Key hentai game adaptation. KyoAni really needs to branch out.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:56 pm Reply with quote
As much as I have enjoyed KyoAni's previous work, I'll have to avoid those OAVs. To me it's another case of a poorly-chosen title. I remain undecided about this remake though.

Elaborating on the above, for some reason this is what I imagine when I think of the OAV series' name:
"Think of it gentlemen. Hoof and mouth disease- a thing of the past."
"Never mind that s**t. Here comes Munto!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1