• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: One Piece: Pirate Warriors English Trailer Streamed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Erm... am I allowed to assume that this game will have the Japanese audio as an option, since the trailer had it?

I know it is a big assumption but...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let it have the Japanese audio!
Majin Tenshi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Well first there will be a physical release no digital only crap, which is good for me. Now give me the Japanese audio and i am sold. But I think that KOEI already learned the lesson from Gundam Musou 2.
Primus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:00 pm Reply with quote
There's no English voices in that trailer. Hmmm, I wonder if we'll have another Yakuza on our hands.

I also found it amusing how they opened it with "The grand age of Piracy" Laughing
FrameFreeze100

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
There's no English voices in that trailer. Hmmm, I wonder if we'll have another Yakuza on our hands.

DBZ: Ultimate Tenkaichi and Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations had Western trailers with Japanese voices but still had dubs.
Mr Sinister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:08 pm Reply with quote
NoooooOooOOOOoo00000Ooo!!!!!!!!!!! I need a 360 version!!!! Omg I'm going to die of console regret.
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:12 pm Reply with quote
FrameFreeze100 wrote:
DBZ: Ultimate Tenkaichi and Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations had Western trailers with Japanese voices but still had dubs.

Kind person, please do not burst my bubble Anime cry
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:17 pm Reply with quote
That was pretty epic but I hope to god that this game fails.... We have been asking for Unlimited Cruise for years and Namco Bandai Always pisses on us Nintendo fans... I am just hoping for the love of all that is awesome THIS GAME MUST FAIL!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Shenl742

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
That was pretty epic but I hope to god that this game fails.... We have been asking for Unlimited Cruise for years and Namco Bandai Always pisses on us Nintendo fans... I am just hoping for the love of all that is awesome THIS GAME MUST FAIL!

Dude, seriously, shut up. I'm not even a One Piece fan, and yet I can't even beging to express how toxic and stupid this attitude is (which you seem to dispense at a regular basis)
blaizevincent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:31 pm Reply with quote
FrameFreeze100 wrote:
Primus wrote:

It will most likely have dubs. Funimation's logo can be seen at the end under the One Piece Logo. : )
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:

wait.... what?

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaany whoooooooooooooooooooo.........

THAT WAS FRIGGIN AWESOME! has it been confirmed we'll have a physical release? because if so then double yes! like I said before I don' mind if its in subs, just as long as I can understand everything else. well, time to save up da dough... game's prolly gonna sell at around 50 bucks a pop, and I don't want to risk being unable to find it either. Anime hyper
thelastgogeta

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Sakurazuka_Reika wrote:
Erm... am I allowed to assume that this game will have the Japanese audio as an option, since the trailer had it?

I know it is a big assumption but...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let it have the Japanese audio!

It looks to be confirmed, eitherwise it would be odd to have a trailer with only Japanese vocals. And judging from FUNimation being credited at the end, looks like they are in or at least supporting the localisation process in North America.

Otherwise important...

WHAT IS THAT MUSIC IN THE TRAILER!? I should be hearing the main theme, last time they localised a One Piece game and marketed it with a trailer with a different theme, they dumped the original main theme (which was "We Are" complete with vocal pieces for Blackbeard, Ace and Luffy for Gigant Battle 1).

I hope we get trustworthy subtitles or script this time, we had Alabaster in Unlimited Adventure and Soda (vs Cola) in Unlimited Cruise. I wouldn't care about a herb being slightly different but dood...
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:41 pm Reply with quote
I'm only hoping that this time the game will be released uncensored. Smoker isn't Smoker without his twin cigars.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:09 pm Reply with quote
The only problem with this situation is that I'm not playing this game right the frig now.
FrameFreeze100

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:19 pm Reply with quote
KabaKabaFruit wrote:
I'm only hoping that this time the game will be released uncensored. Smoker isn't Smoker without his twin cigars.

Is Smoker even in this game?

He's not listed here though maybe the page is incomplete?

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/video-games/One-Piece-Pirate-Warriors/
Primus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:

Those games have been released in English:

blaizevincent wrote:
FrameFreeze100 wrote:
Primus wrote:

It will most likely have dubs. Funimation's logo can be seen at the end under the One Piece Logo. : )

Funimation doesn't dub games, and given they're the US licensor for One Piece they'd have to be credited.

Though I must say, the fact that it is getting a US retail release is a good sign of a dub being produced. Sony usually doesn't allow Japanese-audio only games to get retail release. The Yakuza games being a big exception.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2