• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Minami-ke Manga Volume 10 to Bundle Anime DVD

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arekusei

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:42 pm Reply with quote
4th season - ye!!! They took their time to do it, but finally its coming!
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Daume or bust.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:01 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Daume or bust.

Exactly. Asread's crap is pretty much what killed the series. If the execs had any brain at all then they would get Daume back (and finally do a proper second season).
Arekusei

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
The King of Harts wrote:
Daume or bust.

Exactly. Asread's crap is pretty much what killed the series. If the execs had any brain at all then they would get Daume back (and finally do a proper second season).

Ahh what? Killed the series? What the hell are you talking about? Each season of it was great. Not only the first one.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:15 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
The King of Harts wrote:
Daume or bust.

While season 2 had its issues *cough*Fuyuki*cough*, it was not the travesty many fans try to claim. And season 3 was fine all around.

But damn, its gonna be weird watching this after reading Hieronym's fanfics for the series....
superdry

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
The King of Harts wrote:
Daume or bust.

The major issue I had with Asread was in season 3 with the drop in character art quality. I haven't watched the three seasons in a long while, but I remember that problem was more noticeable in season 3. Other than, it was a decent season.

Season 2 had the minor problem in the mopey kid. Other than that, season 2 was enjoyable.

On another note, this article has reminded me that I should actually read the manga.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:40 pm Reply with quote
The problems with Okawari and Okaeri (other than the obvious horrible change in character design and art style) was the complete lack of Mako-chan/Touma and Hosaka. Okawari was completely focused on the filler glasses boring kid and Okaeri was more interested in showing as much fanservice as possible to try and utilize the brilliant comedic timing that the first season is known for.

And more of Sensei and Ninomiya-kun couldn't have hurt.
Arekusei

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:59 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
The problems with Okawari and Okaeri (other than the obvious horrible change in character design and art style) was the complete lack of Mako-chan/Touma and Hosaka.

You might want to rewatch the seasons then... you obviously skipped half of them if you are able to make such statement...
Shiggity

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:28 pm Reply with quote
[Chiyaki]Bakayarou.[/Chiyaki]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1