• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Astro Toy - Fate/Zero Figma Saber

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:10 pm Reply with quote
I'm not a big fan of figurines with joints like that... but there are more than enough Saber figurines, so I guess you can still have some like this made.
PlatinumHawke

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Yea, Saber herself is pretty plain jane. Supposedly most people actually bought her for the suited body to do head swaps with other figmas (or so the threads claim). And her hip joints seem a bit more articulate than regular figmas -- likely due to the soft vinyl not impeding the range -- so she can actually ride on a 1:12 motorcycle without any assistance.
ratchet573

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 4:17 pm Reply with quote
I like Saber merely for the idea of King Arthur being female. She is fairly plain in character and has very little defining qualities, but the idea is definitely something that could be heavily expanded upon.
Dark Mysty

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 5:06 pm Reply with quote
I got Saber in the mail just the other day and, as a big Saber fan, I'm pretty happy with it. I agree, however, that she isn't a very exciting addition to the figma line.

I liked the little details such as the bracelets around her wrists, but you have to be careful when it comes to switching out her hands. The bracelets are so tiny, I wish Max Factory had thought of adding extras like how they gave figma Witch Yuki extra wands back in the day. I can imagine people losing the bracelets pretty easily.
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:00 pm Reply with quote
As for me, i've been looking forward to a figma of Saber in a suit since the scale figure was announced a long time ago. I'm very pleased with the results and can't wait to pair her with the Irisviel figma coming out this week and the upcoming Kiritsugu.

No idea when the Motored Cuirassier will see release, if at all. We're still waiting on a release date for the Black Rock Shooter: The Game Black Trike (to go with a figure released back in December) and Josef from Fireball Charming to go with Drossel. If a BRS item can't get out, I'm not too hopeful for the others.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
matthewmw64

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:13 am Reply with quote
Dark Mysty wrote:
I can imagine people losing the bracelets pretty easily.

Already lost one of mine after only having had it for a couple hours. Feels bad Sad
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 3:28 pm Reply with quote
It's a great figure. I like the different hair styles. Saber's hair blowing in the wind. Great detail too.
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:20 am Reply with quote
Darn it, you had me going there for a second. I thought I was going to see Saber on her awesome motorbike.

This figure was pretty tame, but it seems alright. The face proportions seems kind of off, in a subtle way. Loving the Avalon scabbard though, it looks very nice.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1