• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
How to add a "Licensed by"

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sarki-Kun

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:43 am Reply with quote
I've noticed that I can't add a licensor for any anime. I suppose I need to contact someone from the Encyclopedia Staff, and they will just add it. However, does this mean that every time that I want to add one I need to make it now?

Or should I just send a PM to someone with all the titles that I would like to be licensed by non-english companies?
jfrog

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I have the same problem. Damn not being staff-ness...

Anyways, I tried starting a thread here about it. If enough of us post in it, it might become like the Error Report or Duplicate Entries threads, with staff checking it every once in a while and adding the information for us.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SekiGatha

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I also like to address the problem.
There are many titles that are licensed but don't have present in their pages.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sarki-Kun

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:46 pm Reply with quote
jfrog wrote:
Yeah, I have the same problem. Damn not being staff-ness...

Anyways, I tried starting a thread here about it. If enough of us post in it, it might become like the Error Report or Duplicate Entries threads, with staff checking it every once in a while and adding the information for us.

My apologies. Yes, I should have searched a bit, but I don't remember seeing your thread before Anime hyper. Ok, let's see if this works. Maybe someone will come and add them...Who knows Rolling Eyes

Should I post mines there?
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Only high-ranking staff members and Senior Encyclopedists can add licensors to anime titles. If a title has been licensed, post it and we'll update it ASAP.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:29 pm Reply with quote
areaseven wrote:
Only high-ranking staff members and Senior Encyclopedists can add licensors to anime titles. If a title has been licensed, post it and we'll update it ASAP.

"... and Senior Encyclopedists"?

We can? Groovy.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
XtremeAnimeDan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Here's one for them to add on. Beet the Vandel Buster is Licensed by Viz Communications.
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:00 pm Reply with quote
XtremeAnimeDan wrote:
Here's one for them to add on. Beet the Vandel Buster is Licensed by Viz Communications.

Done.

BTW, can we have Viz Communications changed to Viz, LLC, as it's the current official company name?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
JustinSane

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Grappler Baki Maximum Tournament is licensed by Funimation
Funimation has ALL the Detective Conan (Case Closed) movies
Beet the Vandle Buster manga should be connected to the anime (the manga came first)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1